Q Jays Left Channel - Very Low Volume
Nov 1, 2007 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Rolen_it_Up

100+ Head-Fier
I lost the left channel in my Q Jays today, seemingly for no reason. I didn't do anything abnormal to them, the left channel just left.

Except that it didn't. It's still there, just very low volume. This isn't a seal issue.

Is it possible that they are not broken? Is there some reason this could happen.

If they are broken I dread the thought of what I will have to do to get them fixed.

Nov 1, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolen_it_Up /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...the left channel just left.

Well, it is the left channel...
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 19
Are you sure its not native to the recording?
Are you sure its not a problem with your amp or source? Try out another headphone and see if the problem persists.
Does the problem persist with both extension cables?
Does the problem go away without the extension cable?

Nov 1, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 19
x2 on Kramer's remarks. It's time for some process of elimination to identify where the problem is happening. Assuming it's not the recording, it could still easily be a bad contact between one or another jack and plug.

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 19
Make sure the plug is seated properly in the headphone jack. Sometimes, it takes a good push to make it go in and get proper contact. Also, turn the volume down when you do this - would not be good to get ears blasted by high volumes. Filter replacement is also a good idea.

Sometimes, the simplest solutions are all you need.

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #8 of 19
Uh oh... I got a pair of q-JAYS for my gf a few weeks ago, and they are suffering from the same problem! I have a feeling that there is a manufacturing defect that causes one of the two drivers to die. I'm currently trying to communicate with AudioCubes to get it addressed!

Yesterday: I send them an email about it.
Today: They ask me to make sure it's not the source. (stupid me; forgot to explain that I'm not dumb.) I reply.

Still waiting. Maybe I should have just called.

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #9 of 19
Are you sure its not native to the recording?

yes

Are you sure its not a problem with your amp or source? Try out another headphone and see if the problem persists.

Tried another headphone. No problems.

Does the problem persist with both extension cables?

Yes.

Does the problem go away without the extension cable?

No.

Nov 1, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #13 of 19
could be dust from boxing

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolen_it_Up /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've worn them for maybe 30 minutes total since I got them.

It would be hard for the filter to be clogged.

Hard but far from impossible. Try changing the filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back