q-Jays eartips/sleeves help
Sep 5, 2019 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

roflcoptor

New Head-Fier
Hi, need an advice on q-Jays eartips, would appreciate any help.

I switched to q-Jays from Sony MDR-EX650 and they were a perfect fit - the silicone eartips were so soft and the isolation was so good I barely remembered the IEMs were even on.
So after an upgrade I was hoping to get a similar experience but none of the included tips fit me that well. The comply ones are okay but my ears start to hurt after a while; they also tend to lose isolation quickly when on the move.
Silicone tips that came with q-Jays are not good either - the largest ones are a tiny bit too big and medium ones slide out of the ear. And I can't reuse the Sony tips since the stem hole is just too big.

So a logical solution would be to get a different set of eartips altogether but how do I know whether they'll fit q-Jays? I don't think they specify eartip stem hole size anywhere. What I'm looking for is something similar to Sony tips but with proper stem hole that'll fit q-Jays.

Sep 6, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 5
I’m using SpinFits

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Nice one, I'll definitely try these out. Are you using q-Jays or something else?

QJays V2 were my commuter phones from the day they lauched and until I fell for the lure of true wireless in ears, can’t go back to wired for on the go use but still have my qJays. Do note that SpinFit comes in 2 versions with different inner diameter, you need the ones with the small diameter, can’t remember the model number

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #5 of 5
QJays V2 were my commuter phones from the day they lauched and until I fell for the lure of true wireless in ears, can’t go back to wired for on the go use but still have my qJays. Do note that SpinFit comes in 2 versions with different inner diameter, you need the ones with the small diameter, can’t remember the model number
CP800 as it seems for q-Jays soundport nozzle which is around 3.5mm, based on this chart http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/med...95/s/p/spinfit-size-chart-main-800x800_23.jpg
Thanks a lot for your help!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back