[Q]Help with impedence matching/Hissing when head phone is used with phone.
Sep 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

miyamoto

New Head-Fier
Hello Guys,

Thanks to this wonderful forum I am learning the expansive ocean of music appreciation partially thanks to the blocks which comes on way. 

I have a Gr02 and GR06 from vsonic which I bought to success Klipsch S4i and now I am in a big problem. When I plug the Vsonic headphones on the phone there is a very thick audible hiss when the music player is active. I read many threads trying to find the reason and came to know it is because I have a headphone of low impedence and high sensitivity and the low quality DAC chip in phone cannot drive it well. And the solutions are:

Thanks for the info.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 10
Hi there.

The gr06 specs are 
Impedance: 24Ω
Sensitivity: 108dB

From this the headphone shouldn't be blameworthy at all (though I'm not that knowledgable about vsonic headphones- there may be hiss issues but I highly doubt it). Also did you experience these problems with the klipsch headphones?
Tell us about your phone? Which model, which make, which operating system, how old... 

Blame: Im 95% sure it's your phone to blame. 
Solution: there may be a way to fix it via software tweaks but for that I'll google it to find out. Forget an external amp. If you want to continue using your phone with these headphones, I suggest getting something like a 'headphone extension cord/cable with inbuilt physical volume control.' What happens is that you plug this short cable into your phone headphone output and then plug headphones into the cable 3.5mm termination. It usually works in cases like this because this noise and hiss is most likely electronic inteference noises and the volume control in the cable acts as a resistor makins sure you don't hear the inteference or electrical noises.

I've tried iem's and earphones with around 15 different smarphones and around 5 of them exhibited problems like you experience. 

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 10
hi
The phone is HD2 from HTC.thanks for the info.You are right about phone being the problem. other head phones have very less hiss and the headphone is good on laptop.The combination is the problem.
Do u have link to a good extension?

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 10
Oh, them HTC's. 
Yep, its the phone.

Any extension cable will do. Google it. I don't think there's a universal brand that sells across continents so it'll depend on where you live which one you get. I'm in europe- are you?

Sep 16, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #6 of 10
So that means stuff like this in the uk is accessible to you (that's a reason for people saying their location in their profile)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Volume-Control-Cable-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B000TLUUAU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HEADPHONES-STEREO-EXTENSION-VOLUME-CONTROL/dp/B005DD3EBQ

Something like them two would be okay. 

That bluetooth bridge- I don't know how it works but I would think that the hiss problems are inbuilt- it hisses itself. If it's physically separated from the phone, then the phones electrical interference and inbuilt noise shouldn't cross over and thus pose a problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back