PX100's to SR60's
Jan 21, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP, please tell what kind of music you will be using these with.

Um. PX100. Alot more convienient. SR60's are really only supposed to be exceptional for rock. Grado is ugly and uncomfortable.

Other suggestions: AKG K81, K181, K518, or any Koss "pros" series.

Personally, I wouldn't blow so much on something you're likely to upgrade.

I have not heard the PX100, but I take exception to Grado SR-60's are only good for rock and are uncomfortable. Grado SR-60's -- at least in the US are a bargain. They are great for rock and other genres in my opinion. I do not find them uncomfortable, but no they are not as comfortable as DT-880's for example. Mine are well broken in - they are at least 5 years old -- and after the original pads wore out, I tried a bunch of different pads and ended up using bowls. I do not consider them portable cans though. The cable is long, tends to twist, etc. Great phones for home, but I have never considered them portable. I have both the Koss K-75's and porta pros as well as the K-81DJ and the grado is much better than either of these. The Koss are great for the money as well. The bass is a little too strong and a bit muddy but still very portable and listenable. My K81DJ's only have about 20 hours on them (I've had them a week -- purchased to replace a pair of iGrado's that sounded fine but the cable is too fragile for portable use and failed) and they so far have too much bass and I find the mids weak and the highs rolled off. Hopefully they will improve with a few hundred hours on them, but the jury is still out. Grado's may not be portable - but I would not give up my pair. I would recommend the SR-80's so you don't need to replace the pads, but either are excellent under $100 phones. My Beyer Dt880-250 and K701's may get more head time, but I still reach for the SR-60's for casual listening, especially rock.

Jan 21, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Poll would be much better in this sitch.

Stick with PX100
Upgrade to SR60
Upgrade to ES7

So, why does your suggested poll leave out the MS-1?

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, why does your suggested poll leave out the MS-1?

if u want. i dont mind, it probably skipped my mind.

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #21 of 21
I use both - but I don't really consider the Grados as portable. I definitely think the Grados are superior - but If I want to walk the dog with my ipod I reach for the Senns - they are my portable choice. Although the Grados would sound much better - they wouldn't be practical for going moblie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back