PX100 Vs Portapro! VOTE NOW!
May 31, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #16 of 42
yah, it was specifically for px100 and portapro. Not interested in hearing people say grado or any other model...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #21 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yah, it was specifically for px100 and portapro. Not interested in hearing people say grado or any other model...
smily_headphones1.gif

Well perhaps you should have made a poll if you wanted people to vote between the two...
rolleyes.gif

Haven't actually heard the PortaPros, but I love the design of my PX-100. And the sound, while not the most accurate, is very fun and easy to listen to - exactly what I want when I'm listening on the go.

Edit: It seems to be a toss-up about which phone is really "better", they both have their strengths. But if I were you, and already had a PX-100, I wouldn't bother with a PortaPro - seems like more of a sidestep than anything. If you want to sample the Koss sound, maybe get the cheaper KSC75. Or maybe, since you've already got a solid portable phone, save up a few more bucks and get yourself a Grado. Just my suggestion, do with it what you will.

May 31, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #23 of 42
I have both but use the Senn PX 100s. The Koss Portapros are just too thick in the bass and lower midrange. The Sennheisers also have this trait but less so. The new Sennheisers are actually kind of bright which is not always a good thing.

May 31, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #26 of 42
PX100s arrived this morning.
smily_headphones1.gif

First impressions were a bit "bassy" compared to my HD595s, but light & comfortable (for the few minutes I was wearing them). Much better than my iPod's ear-buds.

Seem good value for £15.

Currently burning them in via my MacBook.

May 31, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PX100s arrived this morning.
smily_headphones1.gif

First impressions were a bit "bassy" compared to my HD595s, but light & comfortable (for the few minutes I was wearing them). Much better than my iPod's ear-buds.

Seem good value for £15.

Currently burning them in via my MacBook.

The top end will open up after about 48 hours of continuous use.

May 31, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #28 of 42
PX100: better "subbass", warmer low midrange
Porta Pro: airy (if well powered), better risolution and transparency from midrange to highs.
Audiophileswise, i prefer Porta Pro but i continue to like the PX100

May 31, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #29 of 42
Haven't tried the Portapros, but I love my PX100's. Smooth, natural sound, extremely comfortable, and durable. I've been carrying them around in my pocket without their case for 2 years now and they look almost as good as new.

May 31, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by umcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well perhaps you should have made a poll if you wanted people to vote between the two...
rolleyes.gif

I totally agree. What a bummer to open this thread and not see a poll. I vote PX100 all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back