PX100 Vs Portapro! VOTE NOW!
May 31, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #32 of 42
porta pros! by far. heard them both, considered them both. strongly favor the PPs

May 31, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #33 of 42
I've never heard the "PortaPros", but I own a set of Koss "Sportapros". The "Sportapros" are the best value for the dollar spent on headphones I have ever found.

- augustwest

May 31, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #34 of 42
I'll take the Porta-Pro for sound ... but I'd buy some SR60s before I bought the porata-pro if I was looking for sound. I carry PX-100s around with me consistantly as a handy spare; and I'd hand the kids PX-100s long before I gave them Porta-Pros.

May 31, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #36 of 42
PX100. I've owned both and sold the PP's within a week of buying them...and I usually dislike Senns.

May 31, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #39 of 42
I own both. The PX100 has an open, airy feel. The PortaPro sounds more dense and the bass hits harder. They are both very comfortable, the PX100 to the point of feeling like they are going to fall off. The Koss feels more substantial and rugged, and the lifetime guarantee adds more confidence.
If I had to pick one...
PX100

May 31, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #40 of 42
Well, it's pretty clear that the PX100 is the winner here. For those of you who have both, is it worth it to spend the $40 on the portapros just for the hell of it even if the px100's are usually preferred.

I'm afraid the portapros might be too boomy for the style of bass heavy creative electronic music I listen to...

Jun 1, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #42 of 42
PX100, having never heard the koss.
They have the edge in both looks and portability.

Ahh memories. I used to lug these to work in college, (Jerrys Pizza) and crank em while making hundreds upon hundreds of pizza shells for our Monday nite special (large pizza 5 bucks). They were battered around like a red-headed step child and kept on going. They seriously were worth every penny. Its funny, because they look so fragile, but they just don't break. German engineering I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back