PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread
Jul 20, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #183 of 734
Quote:
They really are a champ for just relaxing and enjoying your music.

Heads up for anyone considering modding them, the PX-200 pads make the sound overly warm and muddy, not worth it unless you like a Beat by Dre type sound.

I replaced mine with an aftermarket pads, much more lesser density and the they really became more transparent and even sounding headphone instead of the stock, muddy and bassy. :)

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #184 of 734
Quote:
I replaced mine with an aftermarket pads, much more lesser density and the they really became more transparent and even sounding headphone instead of the stock, muddy and bassy. :)

Hmm. What you say has piqued my interest! Where might one find these aftermarket pads???

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #185 of 734
Hmm. What you say has piqued my interest! Where might one find these aftermarket pads???

From some random japanese store locally (philippines) where every item has the same price. I bought them for like $2 for 2 pairs. The new pads really caused my PX100-II some serious additional detail to the sound as the bass was not overwhelming anymore. With the stock pads, I can't listen to them without EQ to bring up the high-mids and lower the mid-bass hump.. With the new pads I don't need EQ anymore. :)

Aug 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #187 of 734
I just put in an order for these.  They will be going up against the Grado SR-225i's and the iGrado's..  I bought them based on this thread, hoping for good midrange with less harshness.

I in no way expect them to compete with my Hifiman HE-5LE's, which IMO have yet to be toppled.

Thanks for all the great information!

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #188 of 734
Quote:

This is what the dude was saying:

"The PX100-IIs were bassy and a little congested even when I received them second hand (although they looked brand new) which is why I mentioned the bass reducer thing, and turning up the volume very loud to get the best sound, etc... Well all that is no longer needed. I now listen with no EQ at all. The biggest improvement one can make to these cans sound is to stretch the top left and right parts of the headband outwards to make the fit looser. When they are tight, the bass is boomy and the vocals and mids are congested. The highs are also lost. Its basically just like when pushing anything hard into your ears, the sound gets muffled. try listening to some earbuds and hold them hard in your ears... Thats the sort of difference I am talking about here. Burn in also helped but to a much smaller degree than the headband stretching."

I did that, and it works very well. Not only do they sounds awesome, but they are much more comfortable not being pressed as hard against the ears. Highly recommended.

Edit: Oh yeah, very highly recommended... this is sounding incredibly good!

Another thing I might look into doing is getting the PX100 replacement pads for the PX100II, because this is what the dude had to say about them:

"Sennheiser PX100 Replacement pads
Ahh here we have a brighter sound vs all the other pads above except for the cryotech pads. Think of the cryotech pads with more mids and similar bass. My favorite overall pad for the px100-II. The most expensive but worth it! Think of this as the koss portapro pads with life added to the sound."

hahahaha this was my post somewhere I believe... I love the px100s. Series I and II. The only thing that I don't like about them in the end compared to good full sized cans is the fact that they distort when used with high impact/high volume stuff like drum machines, etc... Low bass is also not as present as full size circumaurals despite them having a good amount of midbass but i can live with that. I think I may buy another pair after reading this :)

And yah, I agree with Katun's take on the px200-II. Horrible! Hollow and all

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #189 of 734
Quote:
I compared my PX200-II to my HD580 and they sound was a lot closer than you might think. Mids were damn close. Top and bottom were less refined and not as extended, but carried the same tone.

This post just made me know that you are deaf LOL Sorry Bad Joke. Anyways, the 580 is a lot closer to the px100 whether series 1 or 2 than the px200-II. Anyway thats my take on it.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #190 of 734
Quote:
This post just made me know that you are deaf LOL Sorry Bad Joke. Anyways, the 580 is a lot closer to the px100 whether series 1 or 2 than the px200-II. Anyway thats my take on it.

Replying to an ancient post from mid 2012 in such a low class manner just made me know that you have too much time on your hand or are completely bored. Sorry Bad Joke..
People have different preferences, just accept it and move on unless you think that you're always right?

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #191 of 734
Quote:
I did that, and it works very well. Not only do they sounds awesome, but they are much more comfortable not being pressed as hard against the ears. Highly recommended.

Edit: Oh yeah, very highly recommended... this is sounding incredibly good!

Since my post was quoted above, I'd just like to say that it was from a long time ago when I was a noob. My opinions have changed somewhat for sure.

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #192 of 734
Useless.

Quote:

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #193 of 734
hahahaha sorry about that. I just happened to be reading the post and remembered how i hated the px200-II. It's nothing personal. I was trying to be funny :D

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #194 of 734
Quote:
Replying to an ancient post from mid 2012 in such a low class manner just made me know that you have too much time on your hand or are completely bored. Sorry Bad Joke..
People have different preferences, just accept it and move on unless you think that you're always right?

I don't think I am always right but I am sure many will back me up when I say that the px200-II sounds as close to the 580 as any other random headphone. Meaning they don't sound anything alike to me. Maybe the 580s weren't connected to an amp when Slaughter tried it.. I don't know but yah I've owned the 580s twice and 600s twice and know their sound very well.

Slaughter, I notice you have the dt250-250s. I find those sound closer to the hd580s minus the extra width vs the px200-IIs. Just wondering what your opinion on the matter is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back