PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread
May 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #166 of 734
I tried the original px100's and was underwhelmed. 

However, I really enjoy the portapro's. How are the px100 II's in comparison to the portapro's? Are their sound signatures different enough to warrant purchasing the senns in addition to the portapro's?

---

Also, can anyone compare the px100 II's with the jvc harx 700's?

May 13, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #167 of 734
I just can't believe this thread.

May 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #168 of 734

May 22, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #169 of 734
well here i am on my fav. thread. now i am looking for headphone amp for my beloved px100 ii.. well it should be a portable amp like fiio e5 e6 e7 e11.. which amp should i prefer and why? i have the main desktop amp for my other headphones..

May 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #170 of 734
Quote:
well here i am on my fav. thread. now i am looking for headphone amp for my beloved px100 ii.. well it should be a portable amp like fiio e5 e6 e7 e11.. which amp should i prefer and why? i have the main desktop amp for my other headphones..

Well, the C&C BH might be worth looking into. It costs $100, has an 80 hour battery life, and it's quite small. It brightens things up a bit and adds more detail which doesn't hurt the px100ii's in my opinion. It has a "SF" switch that increases the soundstage which sounds good with the ii's and seems to tighten up the bass and makes it a bit less boomy. I don't use the "LF" ("bass boost") switch with the ii's though - not needed or desired!

May 23, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #171 of 734
Quote:

Well, the C&C BH might be worth looking into. It costs $100, has an 80 hour battery life, and it's quite small. It brightens things up a bit and adds more detail which doesn't hurt the px100ii's in my opinion. It has a "SF" switch that increases the soundstage which sounds good with the ii's and seems to tighten up the bass and makes it a bit less boomy. I don't use the "LF" ("bass boost") switch with the ii's though - not needed or desired!

well c&c bh is not available in india.. well i would like to see fiio if possible

May 30, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #173 of 734
just received my fiio e6.. well the blue setting which increase the mids by 3db.. makes a great upgrade man. no bloated and muddy bass drowning the mids well the red setting is bad for px100 ii. the bass just bleed which i dont like so get fiio e6 and px100 ii (audiophiles seeking budget).well i am loving it.

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #174 of 734
I agree with the OP in that PX100 are the best heapdhones and not just for the price.  if you start analyzing the sound of PX100 you can find it sounds dark, too dark, but if you just stay and just listen to it, there has never been a headphone that sounded so smooth, it just somehow gives you pleasure, you feel pleasant energy in the belly area, something any other headphone has yet to achieve for me. Of course the more expensive HP sounds more precise and fast, but that is analytical type of sound, more of the mind world, this one is purely spiritual. They are also very expressive headphones, clean and transparent, and very airy, but dark.  

I never heard the PX100 II, but my favourite of all time is PX100 because it touches my heart like no other headphone, I go to sleep with them whenever I feel like listening to music. The more you listen to it the more you realize you don't need any other headphones for music listening pleasure.       

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #176 of 734
about last month I get to change my PX100-II's pads.. Can't find original pads from sennheiser locally so I did replace them with some cheap aftermarket pads (like 2 usd/2 pairs). I can say that I like the cheaper ones they've become more neutral as the cheap pads are less thicker in density, the bassheavyness is gone. :)

Jun 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #177 of 734
Quote:
if u like ur px100 .. u should go for px100 ii.. the sound sig remains the same (dark and warm)..mids r well represented.

I felt like betrayal at first, but I still bought a pair of PX100 II. Only to find out that they're basically the same headphones. I don't like the bass in PX100 II, seems too much of it, I don't know is it the bass, or something else, but PX100 sounds a bit more light than PX100 II.  Still overall retains that classic mesmarising definition of PX100 which is great, by that I mean the midbass that is making the music so pleasant to the ears, no other headphone can recreate this particular experience, not even HD 650 which I also have. I am simply more happy when I listen to my music through these. 
 Build quality is better than PX100 original which is nice too. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #178 of 734
Just got myself a pair of these bad boys and I'm loving them, they are helping me find time to listen that just didn't exist with clumsy cans and finnicky IEMs. However anyone saying the PX100-ii are the technical equals of the HD598 needs to get their Pink Floyd game on, or maybe listen to some orchestral music in flac to hear the very real advantages in tonal balance, soundstage, and detail retrieval that the HD598 has over the portables. If this kind of music isn't in your diet, more power to you, because the PX100-ii sound killer with just about everything else, and have a really engaging, spacious sound for something so tiny, but they do lose ground to higher models when it comes to more advanced recordings. To me, the strength of the PX100-ii is that it gives something pretty darn close to full-size open can sound in a package that I can take anywhere, and even lets me get in little "sneaky" listening sessions at times they normally wouldn't be possible, like while I'm filling up gas in my car, or when my girlfriend goes to the bathroom while shopping and I'm just standing there waiting. Unlike IEMs and most closed headphones, the PX100 has some serious soundstage for a tiny package (at least depth, if not width), which allows it to sound much more natural/speaker-like than most of the alternatives. And its not as much of a pain to put on/take off as IEMs, which makes quick little sessions much less of a hassle. That, along with its presentation, are why my UM3X, X10, and SE215 are currently collecting dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back