PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread
Dec 20, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #676 of 734
  I ordered a Schitt Fulla 2 for my PX. My on-board was starting to give static if the connector wasn't seated perfectly. 
biggrin.gif

I wonder if I'll notice a difference, as my motherboard had really nice amplification and sound quality. Probably overkill for PX.

Not necessarily. My PX 100-II's scale remarkably well when driven by my Project Ember MkII. I don't do it very often because I have better headphones to choose when sitting by my amp and computer.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #677 of 734
  I ordered a Schitt Fulla 2 for my PX. My on-board was starting to give static if the connector wasn't seated perfectly. 
biggrin.gif

I wonder if I'll notice a difference, as my motherboard had really nice amplification and sound quality. Probably overkill for PX.

They scale just fine using mine with my chord Mojo ordered a dragonfly red to use with my iPhone.

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #678 of 734
Just got the Fulla 2 and it sounds great.

Worth the $110 over onboard sound? If you can afford it, yes. I have a rather expensive motherboard from ASUS that has really high quality components and really clean onboard audio. I can still notice the sound is more full and rich with the Fulla 2. I was pleasantly surprised, as I wasn't expecting such a large difference for driving such tiny headphones.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #679 of 734
Just got the Fulla 2 and it sounds great.

Worth the $110 over onboard sound? If you can afford it, yes. I have a rather expensive motherboard from ASUS that has really high quality components and really clean onboard audio. I can still notice the sound is more full and rich with the Fulla 2. I was pleasantly surprised, as I wasn't expecting such a large difference for driving such tiny headphones.

Glad to hear. PX100-II are indeed very good and they sound even better on higher end gear. I'm currently driving them through diy made cmoy amp from old panasonic portable cd player line out and I'm very impressed with combo. Not too high end though but sound is very transparent and clear, I might actually prefer my cmoy over topping nx1 because of better transparency. Merry christmas!

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #680 of 734
Alright, I have some impressions. Forget mostly about the ridiculous claims in the OP, I feel this whole thread started off on the wrong foot.

Is this a great pair of headphones for the price though? Absolutely. It has everything most of us are looking for in a headphone except maybe for the highs (alright, and the sound isn't as enveloping, but these are on-ears). Clarity is great, the bass is detailed and rich, the vocals and instruments come through very nice and are very intelligible. They are very comfortable to wear, even with my big head I stretched the headband only because these headphones really do sound better not pushing on the ears so much; the clamp is very low even out of the box. The build quality is awesome, plastic is of high quality, and the headband is reinforced. They have very proper drivers. Soundstage is very good and realism is superb. They're also very very fast, but somehow manage to not be aggressive at the same time.

Their strongest point is sounding very natural and mellow; a comfortable, non-fatiguing listen any way you slice it, easily all-dayers. I feel perfectly happy having them as my main pair right now. I ordered these as a quick fix because my Fidelio X1s died, but they turned out to be much more adequate than I expected. Or to put it another way, much more than adequate.

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #681 of 734
I can offically say that PX100 ii has grown to be my favorite open headphones! Simply they're getting just so much head-time even on my desktop rig, I just love their signature and effortless airy natural, exciting sound. Really impressive soundstage for such small on-ear phones. So easily portable and easy to drive, yet scale very well with higher end gear aswell. I'm thinking of getting backup pair
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #682 of 734
  I can offically say that PX100 ii has grown to be my favorite open headphones! Simply they're getting just so much head-time even on my desktop rig, I just love their signature and effortless airy natural, exciting sound. Really impressive soundstage for such small on-ear phones. So easily portable and easy to drive, yet scale very well with higher end gear aswell. I'm thinking of getting backup pair
biggrin.gif

I need a second pair too. I stupidly managed to catch the cable in the vacuum cleaner which stripped off about 4" of the outer sheath. It hasn't affected the sound but they look ugly.

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #684 of 734
  How much better are these than the Koss Porta?

For me PX100 ii are superior in every way. Also should be noted that Porta Pros must be kramer modded that they sound good, on stock they're not really good. Altough my PX 100 ii are modded aswell, but mostly just earpads, which make biggest difference. Anyway, I would say biggest difference for me is soundstage and imaging that are way superior on PX100 ii, Porta Pro sounds very congested in comparison. Also very important factor is comfort that is way better on PX100 ii, there you can actually bend the headband if you find clamp force too strong for your ears, you can also adjust bass a bit that way. I also like folding system of PX100 ii more.

Good reference could be aswell, that I can easily pick PX100 ii over my full sized headphones SRH1440, DT150 and HE-400. I wouldn't pick Porta Pros over ANY of those phones, they're so much better, simply. Instead PX100 ii has certain magic that it can challenge full sized technically better phones.

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #685 of 734

​I have the px 100-II's and I feel that the only thing that they are lacking is a bit more clarity on the treble.. They're too dark sounding.. Otherwise they would be just perfect! How can I improve that by modifying them in some way?

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #686 of 734

​I have the px 100-II's and I feel that the only thing that they are lacking is a bit more clarity on the treble.. They're too dark sounding.. Otherwise they would be just perfect! How can I improve that by modifying them in some way?

Some people take the foams off (or use a another set of foams) and make a quarter or dime sized cutout in the foams to make the treble stronger. 

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #687 of 734

My suggestion is to use different pads, and make holes to them. I made ones myself, and I believe that foam is not so dense and is softer than stock pads since it's packaging cushion stuff, so sound is a bit brighter and airier. Also one mod is to bend the headband so clamp force wouldn't be so strong, that mod you could try at first actually, and then move to ear pad mods if results are not adequate.

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #689 of 734
​Great! Thanks! I think I'll try bending them first.. Do you think it's best to cut 4 holes like in yours or just a big hole in the middle?..

I believe several small holes are better than one big one, I haven't tested though. I just think there's then smaller possibility for ear to touch the plastic part so comfort would be better. Those small four holes doesn't feel in any way on my diy pads and I think they're more comfy than stock pads, and they're not much bigger so phones are as portable as on stock.

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #690 of 734
I haven't tested with one big hole, but my earlier diy pads had two vertical holes. I don't know about sound differences as they're pretty subtle, I guess. Best to try and listen yourself. If you can find nice foam with good thickness, it's not too hard to make pads with scissors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back