PX 100-II with PX 200-II pads? good?
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #17 of 24
The difference between open and semi open is really just the amount of obstruction on the driver back but I consider them to pretty much just be open. since the px 100 uses foam, it lessens impact so things sound open and airy. the leather pads would focus the sound more, making things more congested and forward sounding. bass would get boomy too probably.

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #19 of 24
Umm, and that a bad thing?

Was that in reference to me? Never said if anything was good or bad.... :confused:

also, will I get more isolation from outside sounds? I see here, some guys do the same with Koss ksc and porta pro's, so it a common mod here?

No. It's still open. You'll need to block the back of the drivers if you want isolation from outside noise. People change the pads on the KSC to shape the sound of the KSC, not to get iso. Like cutting holes in the foam pad for better treble or thicker foam/leatherette for more bass impact. But not to get isolation.

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #21 of 24
Oops, my bad. Didn't quote correctly, re-read prev post. Only benefit that I can guess at is more bass impact. It'll probably bleed into mids and muddy things up and make it an even darker hp as well as congest everything. Just buy a pair of closed hps instead of modding px100. I think they're great as is without mucking with them.

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #22 of 24
Ok, so I'll go for PX200-II, I didn't have much time to test them out at the shop, if after some burn-in, I will not get used to the sound....I'll sell them, and get the  100's (I had the first model of 100's some years ago, but didn't thought I would need isolation back then).

PS. talking to "get used", I'm currently use a 12" netbook, external cheap USB card, and Nokia headset, and I'm using it for like a half year, as I couldn't get nothing better, after I moved to a new apartment, so this proves, a man can be used to what he have 
size]
, ironing, but true.

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #23 of 24
I see, well I think, I'll just go for PX 200-II, from my experience, I get used to stuff very often.
Currently for like half year, I'm using 12" netbook. some cheap USB sound card, and a Nokia headset..that's hardcore !!, but I just couldn't afford anything, after I moved to a new apartment, so in the end, if I wouldn't get used to 200's sound, I'll sell it, and get the 100's (I used to have MK1 of those, but back then, I didn't need isolation, also PX200 was really suck, but my taste in music changed a lot, also my knowledge of sound).

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #24 of 24
I can help here.... dont do it!. The PX200 pads do something that shouldnt be happening on a PX100.

Im listening now because I lost one foam pad on the train the other day. I realised I had some of the cheap but well made other manufacturer PX200 type pads still sealed in a bag that I bought ages ago to try.

I put them on while ordering some new foam pads on the internet.

In short they dont work and add some sort of echo chamber effect and uncomfortable sound. Its difficult to describe fully but they are way worse than the foam pads the PX100 was designed for.

Thats why I had these pads stored away in a shoebox. Ive never owned PX200s but they must do something differently(closed back) that requires the different pads. A lot of internet sellers have just been generically saying they work on the PX100...they dont.

Sure they look good but stick with the foam pads because the px100 are designed for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back