PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Jun 15, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #1,351 of 1,613
wow.. didnt expect is a 50%...
I know, I couldn't believe it when I saw it...and I have to say, the UM MEXT has just come alive on this cable! The synergy between the MkII, the mext and the M8 is stunning!

20220615_213221.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #1,353 of 1,613
is there any other interesting cable during that time?
Yeah, but I just don't remember...they were all decent sales, I think he had some %40 off stuff too on the higher end cables...but I think it was just for that 1 day...it was trippy, a "June" sale of all things...:smile_cat:

Jun 16, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #1,354 of 1,613
Just noticed the serial number on my new Monile MkII...0001!

20220616_163543_HDR.jpg

Jun 20, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #1,356 of 1,613
Can’t be a lot of personal experience out there with a serial #0014. 😝

Jun 20, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #1,358 of 1,613
This baby arrived last week but gonna test drive it with the Fourté first
What's your personal experience with the PW Audio First Times ... ?
IMG20220619215322~2-03.jpeg
Is that Shielding?

Jun 20, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #1,360 of 1,613
Hi everyone,

Recently purchased First Times (non-shielding) from MusicTeck. Andrew offered me better price for it, on account that my Traillii was sourced from MusicTeck during the Black Friday sale. Had a thought about having FT with Pentaconn but decided to choose 2-pin to 4.4mm balanced configuration with PWA standard conncector instead.

The order was placed on 5/25, the day before MusicTeck team went on a company retreat, yet somehow, they still managed to ship it right away on 5/26. According to the shipment tracking, the FT was sent to me in Chile directly from Hong Kong. I received it on 5/31. Nice!

I didn’t expect that FT would come in such premium packaging, as it wasn’t shown in MusicTeck’s website. For a flagship, I can understand why it comes in a decent packaging. Although personally I’d rather go for simple yet practical packaging like that of Traillii. Feeling confident not to part myself with FT, I would entertain offers for the packaging if anyone in Chile is interested :D.

On a side note, FT has indeed led me to purchase Metropolis ft.50s during Musicteck’s June sale. Yes, the 50% discount was rather hard to resist, but I honestly won’t budge if not being satisfied with FT in the first place.

I’m keeping Traillii’s stock cable, but here I won’t be comparing it with FT. First, because twister6 has already done it meticulously. Second, the fact that 1960s and FT are both made of copper makes it difficult for me especially to detect sonic difference, if any :p. So, I decided to share my honest short impression of FT relative to Metropolis ft.50s.

Back to impression, I truly appreciate the material used for FT’s jacket. It’s softer compared to that used for Metropolis. FT is a bit thicker, but at the same time it’s more supple and less microphonic when compared to the Metropolis or the 1960s. What I dig the most is the blue color, which in my opinion should become PWAudio’s signature color.

Almost forgot to mention, I use Lotoo PGT as a source. Currently, Traillii is the only pair of IEMs that I have at hand. For that reason, FT and Metropolis must take turn to pair with Traillii. Upon receiving Metropolis, FT has been temporarily deprived of its privilege to pair with Traillii. My FT has about 80 hours already, while my Metropolis probably has less than 40 hours.

As I said, I find it difficult to compare FT and Traillii’s stock cable. Only when switching from FT to Metropolis ft.50s, and vice versa, I think I can notice some differences, particularly in terms of sound presentation. Based on my listening sessions with both, I feel that FT has more relaxed presentation, while Metropolis ft.50s, on the other hand, is more engaging.

About 70% of my music library in the LPGT consists of jazz and female vocal, the rest is mostly country music and Blink-182. Overall, I can feel that music is more pleasant to my ears when using Traillii + FT combo. Although, I must admit that when listening to fast-paced songs I prefer Traillii + Metropolis ft.50s combo, because to my ears it has more slam.

As much as I want to share with you my impression in a more detailed fashion, I must refrain myself from doing so, given my limitations. That said, I’d snag another FT if I can find one for 1500 dollars brand new, which I think is the fair price for FT.

Anyway, this is my first post ever on Head-Fi since joining over 10 years ago. So, as the saying goes, there’s a first time for everything. Hopefully there’s First Times for everyone.

Jun 20, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #1,361 of 1,613
Hi everyone,

Recently purchased First Times (non-shielding) from MusicTeck. Andrew offered me better price for it, on account that my Traillii was sourced from MusicTeck during the Black Friday sale. Had a thought about having FT with Pentaconn but decided to choose 2-pin to 4.4mm balanced configuration with PWA standard conncector instead.

The order was placed on 5/25, the day before MusicTeck team went on a company retreat, yet somehow, they still managed to ship it right away on 5/26. According to the shipment tracking, the FT was sent to me in Chile directly from Hong Kong. I received it on 5/31. Nice!

I didn’t expect that FT would come in such premium packaging, as it wasn’t shown in MusicTeck’s website. For a flagship, I can understand why it comes in a decent packaging. Although personally I’d rather go for simple yet practical packaging like that of Traillii. Feeling confident not to part myself with FT, I would entertain offers for the packaging if anyone in Chile is interested :D.

On a side note, FT has indeed led me to purchase Metropolis ft.50s during Musicteck’s June sale. Yes, the 50% discount was rather hard to resist, but I honestly won’t budge if not being satisfied with FT in the first place.

I’m keeping Traillii’s stock cable, but here I won’t be comparing it with FT. First, because twister6 has already done it meticulously. Second, the fact that 1960s and FT are both made of copper makes it difficult for me especially to detect sonic difference, if any :p. So, I decided to share my honest short impression of FT relative to Metropolis ft.50s.

Back to impression, I truly appreciate the material used for FT’s jacket. It’s softer compared to that used for Metropolis. FT is a bit thicker, but at the same time it’s more supple and less microphonic when compared to the Metropolis or the 1960s. What I dig the most is the blue color, which in my opinion should become PWAudio’s signature color.

Almost forgot to mention, I use Lotoo PGT as a source. Currently, Traillii is the only pair of IEMs that I have at hand. For that reason, FT and Metropolis must take turn to pair with Traillii. Upon receiving Metropolis, FT has been temporarily deprived of its privilege to pair with Traillii. My FT has about 80 hours already, while my Metropolis probably has less than 40 hours.

As I said, I find it difficult to compare FT and Traillii’s stock cable. Only when switching from FT to Metropolis ft.50s, and vice versa, I think I can notice some differences, particularly in terms of sound presentation. Based on my listening sessions with both, I feel that FT has more relaxed presentation, while Metropolis ft.50s, on the other hand, is more engaging.

About 70% of my music library in the LPGT consists of jazz and female vocal, the rest is mostly country music and Blink-182. Overall, I can feel that music is more pleasant to my ears when using Traillii + FT combo. Although, I must admit that when listening to fast-paced songs I prefer Traillii + Metropolis ft.50s combo, because to my ears it has more slam.

As much as I want to share with you my impression in a more detailed fashion, I must refrain myself from doing so, given my limitations. That said, I’d snag another FT if I can find one for 1500 dollars brand new, which I think is the fair price for FT.

Anyway, this is my first post ever on Head-Fi since joining over 10 years ago. So, as the saying goes, there’s a first time for everything. Hopefully there’s First Times for everyone.
Nice one for a first post! :)

Jun 20, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #1,362 of 1,613
Well 13 other crazy owners and me ... 🤣
I believe more people have gotten FT by now 🧐 I think it’s a great and versatile cable in terms of synergy with my iems (putting aside price point) 🙃

Jun 20, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #1,363 of 1,613
This baby arrived last week but gonna test drive it with the Fourté first
What's your personal experience with the PW Audio First Times ... ?
IMG20220619215322~2-03.jpeg
Apart from absolutely fantastic ergonomics, this cable delivers incredibly wide sound while it is not too warm like some copper cables I have tried before, I perceive it as the most natural and vibrant sounding cable in combination with P6 pro + Xe6 or Legend EVO. Congratulations, it's a great purchase.

Attachments

• 20220610_192215.jpg
    20220610_192215.jpg
    866.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220608_142300.jpg
    20220608_142300.jpg
    756.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220608_142345.jpg
    20220608_142345.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jun 20, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #1,364 of 1,613

Users who are viewing this thread