PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Sep 7, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #1,036 of 1,613
Valkyrie... Like the Monile50 much better
I haven't heard the Valk, so not sure, but I do know the 60s plays really well with the OG.

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #1,037 of 1,613
I don't have the 50s, but my understanding is that it's not quite as rich sounding as the 60s. To be hones, is reach out to Peter at PW Audio, he will srear you straight.

In my humble opinion, while had the Solaris OG, I liked the 60s a bunch. It added some needed body to the mids.
Fair enough. The mids seem ever present in the 2020 as far as I can hear, think it has the ‘updated Mid BA Driver’ the SE received. Sonic Richness is always a valuable asset however. Price is a general factor for me along with options so will see what I can find. Whatever is meant to be, will be.

Twister’s review is actually spot on tbf. Looking at the Monile 1950’s online and it’s priced really competitively if that makes any sense at all.
Going to go into Central London tomorrow, put my Balaclava on and pay a visit to the Bank of England.
Nothing to lose!

Didn’t The OG have that ‘Nasal east Asia Variant Conspiracy’ going on in the mids... Bet that was the actual source of Convid 19! What did you replace the OG Sol with?
Hope you managed to scratch the itch and found a better road towards Nirvana {AudioAnonamous} now.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #1,038 of 1,613
Fair enough. The mids seem ever present in the 2020 as far as I can hear, think it has the ‘updated Mid BA Driver’ the SE received. Sonic Richness is always a valuable asset however. Price is a general factor for me along with options so will see what I can find. Whatever is meant to be, will be.

Twister’s review is actually spot on tbf. Looking at the Monile 1950’s online and it’s priced really competitively if that makes any sense at all.
Going to go into Central London tomorrow, put my Balaclava on and pay a visit to the Bank of England.
Nothing to lose!

Didn’t The OG have that ‘Nasal east Asia Variant Conspiracy’ going on in the mids... Bet that was the actual source of Convid 19! What did you replace the OG Sol with?
Hope you managed to scratch the itch and found a better road towards Nirvana {AudioAnonamous} now.
My two current favorites are the Thummim and EE LX, the next tier down it the Oriolus Reborn and Isabelle, incredible tone timbres, and with the reborn an incredulous headstage!

also a modest edition to consider is the Cayin N3 pro, such sweet wonderful tubesound. The bummer is they need to be hooked up to a laptop or iPad Pro to stream, but You’ll be rewarded.

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #1,039 of 1,613
My two current favorites are the Thummim and EE LX, the next tier down it the Oriolus Reborn and Isabelle, incredible tone timbres, and with the reborn an incredulous headstage!

also a modest edition to consider is the Cayin N3 pro, such sweet wonderful tubesound. The bummer is they need to be hooked up to a laptop or iPad Pro to stream, but You’ll be rewarded.
That’s encouraging in regard to your take on the N3Pro, It had been initially recommended to me on the Solaris thread. Suggested in relation to the Sol2020’s pairing. I’m aware of the the top tier Sony, Ak, Cayin, Lotoo Dap’s etc which are all atleast x2+ Of the N3’s price and as I’ve eluded, experiencing the ‘increments’ is part of the process for me.
I have also read a number of times that these steps are somewhat reduced in the Dap domain in regard to Price v Performance.

I am also very attracted to the idea of the N3’s ‘tube’ + Solid State options and aesthetically speaking, hits the spot for me there. Likewise, The Cowon Plenue 2 is very easy on my eye, excellent SQ {Twister} with an impressive EQ {not a priority for me par se} option but not necessarily held in any regard on H-fi.

As I am preparing to Dive into the Dap pool without any experience, I thought it wise to not necessarily jump straight into the deep end here. H-fi being my wings... My main priority is decent enough SQ, I am in the process of converting my Cd collection into Hres files, so the ability of a streamingDap is not necessarily a priority. Synergy with each component is vital however.

Great you are experiencing the sweet spot with the Thummin and EE. Only having read peeps impressions of these, but highly regarded in the community.

Again, really appreciate your pointer in the direction of N3Pro.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #1,040 of 1,613
anyone know where i can order a PW Audio Antigona to Canada? seems like hk only

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #1,041 of 1,613
anyone know where i can order a PW Audio Antigona to Canada? seems like hk only
Email Andrew @MusicTeck to see if he can order one for you.

The Antigona seems be a limited cable for trade in for owners of the No 5. Not sure if they're still in production.

Most HK sites don't even have it listed.

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #1,042 of 1,613
it's actually a usb c cable? Wanted to pair it with the L&P w2

1631144271461.png

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #1,043 of 1,613
Sep 9, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #1,044 of 1,613
Apologies Claud, was having a moment.

ok now.

Looking for impressions and comparisons of the 2&4 wire Monile {their differences~Qualities etc} and how they measure up in scale compared to my No:10 8wire with Solaris 2020.
Cheers!

don't you EVER apologize to strangers for having smoked some good dope and being on a brain high vibe.

never. a nd keep those trippy posts coming , the world can use some more psychedelic minds around here.

cheers.

Sep 9, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #1,045 of 1,613
don't you EVER apologize to strangers for having smoked some good dope and being on a brain high vibe.

never. a nd keep those trippy posts coming , the world can use some more psychedelic minds around here.

cheers.
🤪Yeah Boi.
Way Over the Cuckoo’s nest!

What is hilarious, I’m as straight as an arrow... Swimming against the mainstream.

Cheers though.

Sep 9, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,046 of 1,613
SWEET! Sounds sexual.

what do you play through them and which iem?

cheers.
Well, I have my custom Valkyries and 3DT...I don't do pure BA anymore, there has to be a DD in there! Music runs the gamut, lots of bass dub, techno, pop, jazz, and classical for me....

Sep 9, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #1,047 of 1,613
Well, I have my custom Valkyries and 3DT...I don't do pure BA anymore, there has to be a DD in there! Music runs the gamut, lots of bass dub, techno, pop, jazz, and classical for me....
Nice... 3DT?
Really digging some TechnoElectro myself on these {Sol2020’s} + Mad Professors {Massive Attack} Protection LP Rocks too if you have not heard that. More traditionally speaking MrB Marley’s Gold sounds tops too, old school dubby bass, lovely Production/Separation... Yeah!

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #1,048 of 1,613

cheers.
Talking Synergy... It’s underrated and maybe even disregarded by many or maybe just by some.

The planets align for a reason.

Life can be a bitç#, perspective, focus and resolution are good traits IMO. Some people fall off the edge and others jump... and few are able to fly.

your last post No: was 7,777. That’s my kind of number 👐

Edit:.. and the rest turn back around and face the ‘music.’
For better or worse.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #1,049 of 1,613

cheers.
preach
Nice... 3DT?
Really digging some TechnoElectro myself on these {Sol2020’s} + Mad Professors {Massive Attack} Protection LP Rocks too if you have not heard that. More traditionally speaking MrB Marley’s Gold sounds tops too, old school dubby bass, lovely Production/Separation... Yeah!
lol, Yes, Massive Attack's discography has permanent residency status on my DAP! UM 3DT, tri DD design, phenomenal! I alternate with Valkyrie, and thats a $1,700 IEM! 3DT does not have the detail of the Valkyries, but it has texture from bass straight up through treble, unreal dynamics, timbre tone! PRaT!

https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...ariant=32656510156862#judgeme_product_reviews

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/unique-melody-3d-terminator-3dt-announcement-thread.949402/

Sep 9, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #1,050 of 1,613
preach

lol, Yes, Massive Attack's discography has permanent residency status on my DAP! UM 3DT, tri DD design, phenomenal! I alternate with Valkyrie, and thats a $1,700 IEM! 3DT does not have the detail of the Valkyries, but it has texture from bass straight up through treble, unreal dynamics, timbre tone! PRaT!

https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...ariant=32656510156862#judgeme_product_reviews

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/unique-melody-3d-terminator-3dt-announcement-thread.949402/
S w e e e t! Have not heard of that specific model before {3DT} so I’m enlightened. Funky chunks those! Wow, Will have a read. Thanks for the links too, I shall check em out.

yeah, Massive are Massive. Be ace to have a new one from them.

Im on my 7th day now with the ‘Black Majiks’ and hammering the ‘F’ out of them for sure. Always thought I’d be getting the OG’s but these landed for a comparative steal. If things are meant to be, I’m not having an argument. It’s all relative.

You know when as soon as you wake up and wanna get the blighters in... it’s a nice place to be. 🙃

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back