PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Jan 29, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #196 of 1,613
PW Audio are still my favorite brand of cables. I ended up selling off all my cables as the FiR M5 uses a propriety connector and I didn’t want to reterminate such an expensive cable (1960s 4 wire) to a very small used connector, also the stock FiR cable is fantastic, and then I barely use my A18t now so I sold off the 1950s too. But those two cables will always be held is high regards to me.

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #197 of 1,613
I just got the Cleopatra and it sounds amazing, sublime even. Yes, tho, Effect Audio's build quality is a tad dubious... I have no experience with high end PWAudio cables.

This Canjam NYC I want to focus on cables...
You definitely have to give them a try, Andrew from Musictek will be there, he is a great guy, very passionate and always helpful.

I tried the Cleopatra last year at Canjam NY and it sounded great, what i really don't like are the 2pin connectors from EA, the barrel is glued on and i experienced quite few times that it was coming off, i fixed easily with a shrinking tube, but when you pay hundreds of dollars you expect better components.

i'll you at the Canjam NYC, i'll be there.

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #198 of 1,613
You definitely have to give them a try, Andrew from Musictek will be there, he is a great guy, very passionate and always helpful.

I tried the Cleopatra last year at Canjam NY and it sounded great, what i really don't like are the 2pin connectors from EA, the barrel is glued on and i experienced quite few times that it was coming off, i fixed easily with a shrinking tube, but when you pay hundreds of dollars you expect better components.

Yes, when I first put the Cleopatra on my Valkyries in the store after unboxing, the barrel slipped down, very disheartening...

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #199 of 1,613

I wish we could set up a meet with all NYC Canjammers... would not know how to set that up tho... Would also love to organize a NYC audiophile club where we could all meet somewhere (Union Square Starbucks?) and talk shop and have listening parties... How to organize?.....

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #200 of 1,613
The only other cable company, that I think has better build quality than PW, is Forza Audio Works.

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #201 of 1,613
The only other cable company, that I think has better build quality than PW, is Forza Audio Works.
As for other brands, you might want to take a look at Han Sound :p
Excellent build quality & sound. Their latest flagship cable, Torfa is very impressive.

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #202 of 1,613
Excellent build quality & sound. Their latest flagship cable, Torfa is very impressive.
Cool! I have been eyeing their cables for a while, but have never seen one in person.

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #203 of 1,613
Han sound has some good cables, i have the venom, super expensive, not very flexible, but sound wise it's one of the best cables in term of resolution. i'm not a big fan of their y-splitter, it's quite big, i just received the zentoo plus and the new splitter is soo much better!!!

Satin Audio and Eletech are another couple of young, very interesting, companies; Satin has been improving their hardware lately, while Eletech came out with 4 new cables in December, and they will be at Canjam NYC, i strongly recommend to give them a try.

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #204 of 1,613
I wish we could set up a meet with all NYC Canjammers... would not know how to set that up tho... Would also love to organize a NYC audiophile club where we could all meet somewhere (Union Square Starbucks?) and talk shop and have listening parties... How to organize?.....

That would be great, we should organize a meeting in NYC, i actually work not far from Union Square, the problem is that Starbucks is quite noisy...

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #205 of 1,613
Han sound has some good cables, i have the venom, super expensive, not very flexible, but sound wise it's one of the best cables in term of resolution. i'm not a big fan of their y-splitter, it's quite big, i just received the zentoo plus and the new splitter is soo much better!!!

Satin Audio and Eletech are another couple of young, very interesting, companies; Satin has been improving their hardware lately, while Eletech came out with 4 new cables in December, and they will be at Canjam NYC, i strongly recommend to give them a try.
I know all about Satin, and absolutely love what they are doing! I have an Athena 8 wire hooked up to my K10U. Also, I have a Hyperion 8 wire on the way, which should arrive Friday. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #206 of 1,613
This is what I am rocking as I type this.

Lyra II and no. 5
VCaqVGk.jpg

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #207 of 1,613
Cool! I have been eyeing their cables for a while, but have never seen one in person.
Excellent brand I must say.

The new y-splitter is beautiful. Enjoy your Zentoo Plus!

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #208 of 1,613
That would be great, we should organize a meeting in NYC, i actually work not far from Union Square, the problem is that Starbucks is quite noisy...
Hey, man, we should do it, seriously.... Maybe we can work on it together? We can talk about it at Canjam....

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #209 of 1,613
I just got the Cleopatra and it sounds amazing, sublime even. Yes, tho, Effect Audio's build quality is a tad dubious... I have no experience with high end PWAudio cables.

This Canjam NYC I want to focus on cables...

Same for me, focused on a cable for my Solaris.

Will be spending time at the Musictek table for this reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back