Put new cables on silicone customs
Apr 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dakkar

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Havn't been on this forum for some time as all my IEM needs (and budget) were filled.  I was happy with my Fidelity Audio and another paid of custom silicone IEM (forgot by who).

In any case, here's the situation.  My silicone pair are super comfortable and are ideal for gym/sport because the seal is amazing especially with a bit of sweat!  However, being rather cheap, the cable is damaged.  I would like to replace those cables with detachable ones like my Fidelity Audio or something similar.  Don't really care about the style of the connection as long as they are changeable.  What would you suggest as a DIY?  I don't want to spend too much on this (less than 100$) as they are not "great" sound wise, but for comfort they are the best I have.  Also instructions on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #3 of 3
I'm not aware of any silicone earpieces with field-replaceable cables other than Sensaphonics.

Retrofitting a 3rd-party cable into silicone is unlikely. Let us know if you find a way, and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back