Push button switch with aluminium button cap
Nov 16, 2006 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

kin0kin

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anybody know where can I source this kind of switches?
wink.gif

Edit: Regarding S.P.C.O type switches. Is the switch always connected to one terminal? I'm looking at some Bulgin SPCO switches and I'm wondering if they work as normal push button switch.

Nov 16, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 22
Yes, it's surprisingly hard to find nice push button switches. I think the Bulgin is only a monetary switch. It might be better to get a standard switch and just look for a nice cap to make it look pretty. Maybe just use a small volume knob (without a volume marker) would do the trick.

Nov 16, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 22
Check out APEM, especially their AV-series. Their AV04-model is 2-pole On/On type switch.

At least ELFA carries both Bulgin and APEM switches. (Electromechanics/Pneumatics -> Switches -> Pushbutton switches -> Show product images) Although ELFA operates only in Northern Europe they do ship internationally.

Nov 16, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 22
You might also check into the PC modding world. I'm sure someone is offering something that might suit your task well.

Nov 17, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #8 of 22
I was browsing Allied's inventory for switches and I found a Schurter SPCO switch (bulgin look alike) that fites my purpose..it's only 19mm in diameter. Cost about 9 bucks for the switch but heck it looks awesome. Now I just need to find a dual/tri color LED that I could use as the indicator for power on and off - aint that awesome?
tongue.gif

The amp im building will be rather heavy...shouldnt have much problem with the switching force required.

Nov 18, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SPCO means single pole change over? Isn't that just the same as a SPDT (single pole double throw)?

In some cases it can mean single pole center off, but either way it's still just SPDT.
tongue.gif

Nov 18, 2006 at 8:54 AM Post #12 of 22
Dunno if it's what you're looking for, but this is the coolest pushbutton switch I've come across:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/19...umination.html

I'm using one on my F1 clone:

522973.jpg

524988.jpg

It is momentary so requires some circuitry if used as an on/off switch.

*edit* oh... looks like this is a bulgin. I didn't even notice. Sorry if this is redundant.

Nov 18, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #13 of 22
You can pick up those bulgin switches at Mouser in other colors as well (red and green IIRC)

Nov 18, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dunno if it's what you're looking for, but this is the coolest pushbutton switch I've come across:

It is momentary so requires some circuitry if used as an on/off switch.

Could you expand on the circuitry needed to utilize this switch as an on/off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back