Puritan Audio Laboratories PSM136, PSM156, PSM1512 Power Conditioners
Jan 28, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #721 of 978
Does connecting the Ultimate cable from the PSM156 to components thin the sound or make it brighter?

First time going from a classic+ cable to the ultra I was initially concerned as it sounded a lot thinner. But gave it some burn in hours and not thin or harsh at all. Just very detailed and clean. A worthy upgrade to the already good classic+

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #725 of 978
I was asking Tubewin- I guess I was not specific about that... but thanks for the answer.

Good to know because I ordered 9 Ultimate cables-- got a great price...

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #726 of 978
How about thin sounding?
Burned in ultimate cables do not sound thin to me. If I were you, I would have inquired about purchasing one or two ultimate cables, and after two weeks, go back for more. Personally, I don't feel like I'm missing anything with the Ultimate cables. Not thick or thin, not bright or rolled off (after burn in of course), I would say that it's in the Goldilocks zone. I bought a well burned in ultimate cable from a member here, and it sounded warm compared to some of my other power cables. If they aren't for you, you won't have a hard time reselling ultimate cables in my opinion. Just remember to give them a week or two of use, before any final judgement. If you're like me, you will not like it at all for the first few days, but it will get better. The ultimate cable has the biggest change with burn in than any other cable I've tried.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #727 of 978
I was asking Tubewin- I guess I was not specific about that... but thanks for the answer.

Good to know because I ordered 9 Ultimate cables-- got a great price...
Wow…9 ultimate cables
Do we need these many coming out of 156 which already filters noise?

Jan 30, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #728 of 978
Burned in ultimate cables do not sound thin to me. If I were you, I would have inquired about purchasing one or two ultimate cables, and after two weeks, go back for more. Personally, I don't feel like I'm missing anything with the Ultimate cables. Not thick or thin, not bright or rolled off (after burn in of course), I would say that it's in the Goldilocks zone. I bought a well burned in ultimate cable from a member here, and it sounded warm compared to some of my other power cables. If they aren't for you, you won't have a hard time reselling ultimate cables in my opinion. Just remember to give them a week or two of use, before any final judgement. If you're like me, you will not like it at all for the first few days, but it will get better. The ultimate cable has the biggest change with burn in than any other cable I've tried.
Thank you so much... I got a deal on the 9 cables-- very good... So I got them all... Thanks for the input. I see from your previous posts that you are particular about not liking thin, bright sound- so your approbation means alot to me.

Jan 30, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #729 of 978
Wow…9 ultimate cables
Do we need these many coming out of 156 which already filters noise?
If you are willing to allow that cables are all filters of some sort and condition the power or signal, then it makes sense to me that every cable counts in some way, though it sure can be subtle to my ears most of the time. In that case, to each their own if you like what you hear!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #733 of 978
THose outlet covers anyone remove them and how?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back