Pure Buds:Revolutionary or Marketing gimmick?
Dec 10, 2008 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
guys,

checkout this earphone companies website: Welcome to the Purebuds Revolution

they claim to make earphones in which they come with different kinds of earfoams for different types of audio..

one for surround.

one for bass boost

and one for full range.

their earbuds use some kind of reflected sound which removes the in-ear feeling and widens the soundstage.

read this:

Quote:

Purebuds goes one step further to deliver you an incredible digital audio listening experience with the special effect audio enhancements it provides. Your Purebuds Headphones come with three different earbud tips. While conventional earbuds provide some earbud tips in a vague attempt to give a variation in size or comfort, we've decided to turn the earbud world on it's ear, so to speak. Each earbud tip provides a different audio ambiance effect, allowing you to customize your listening experience without having to buy three pairs of specialized headphones. No matter which tip you choose, you can rest assured that our innovative "Safe-Sound" technology will bring you pure sound. You can enjoy the following environmental audio effects:

Surround Sound
This earbud tip provides a simulated surround sound experience, allowing you to get the most from your portable player.
Bass Boost
This earbud tip brings you the thumping bass that you'd normally only get by strapping a subwoofer to the side of your head.
Full Range
This earbud tip provides a smooth, crystal clear audio experience covering all the high, mids, and lows.

i think they must be damn muddy.

anyway Chris Pirillo also endorses them..thats how i got to know of them via youtube

-aPdFB4j9jQ

whaddayathink?

was getting UM1 this weekend anyway..but these aroused some curiosity and some doubts.

Dec 10, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 6
I have a set. If they were revolutionary, I'd have told y'all about it already.
wink.gif

I'll post about it in this thread another time.

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a set. If they were revolutionary, I'd have told y'all about it already.
wink.gif

I'll post about it in this thread another time.

Aren't these like $500.00?

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 6
I read this thread earlier and put it off because the product didn't seem interesting. But I had one more look at their website and they kept talking about "reverse sound technology". While reading the website half awake and completely bored form their marketing jargon, I didn't make much sens of it all. . . until I saw the diagram:

purebuds_airflow.gif

You're essentially listing to the back waves! That's like trying your Grados (in my experience) on backwards- which do no sound the least bit good. I can't imagine these being any giant killers- let alone even decent sounding. It just doesn't make sense to do this.

Not innovative- but stupid imo. But of course I will have to let Jude fill us in on how it REALLY sounds. I can only speculate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortonjl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't these like $500.00?

I think you added an extra zero.

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #5 of 6
yeah, the backwave thing looks sorta ridiculous

however, grado's will sound worse "backwards" than a lot of other open 'phones (like Senn 580/600/650) because of the screen design, and some form of damping to control backwaves

this thread has actually made me dislike this product, without reading a whole lot about it, purely because of that design concept seeming pretty, well lets say, bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back