Purchasing used headphones question
Jun 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

coolgoo3

New Head-Fier
I had a question about buying used headphones from amazon. Is there anyway the sound quality could be worse when the headphones are used aside from burn in such as damage from playing the music too loudly or anything like that.

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 8
Yea, there could be a problem as mentioned by KG. But, most reputiple dealers like Amazon have very good quality control and offer a good return policy. 

I have had very good luck buying used hp's here.

Jun 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #6 of 8
The only other thing I'd see as a potential scruple would be pad wear; as pads change and break-in the sound can also be affected. That's in addition to what KG said. I wouldn't be so certain of Amazon's interaction with the used products though - are you actually buying them FROM Amazon, or just ON Amazon? There is a difference.

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
The only other thing I'd see as a potential scruple would be pad wear; as pads change and break-in the sound can also be affected. That's in addition to what KG said. I wouldn't be so certain of Amazon's interaction with the used products though - are you actually buying them FROM Amazon, or just ON Amazon? There is a difference.

Im buying from amazon warehouse deals

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #8 of 8
Is there anyway to tell that an used headphone is damaged? I means in term of SQ and other things like the cable, the headband... So in sum how to rated if the pair need to return or not?
I'll going to buy a pair of M-80 white on Amazon through Warehouse Deal. Sweet price ($120), but I never bought any used before, so I'm kinda worry :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back