Purchasing the HFI 580 made my choice
Aug 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tripleh3lix

Head-Fier
I know they have amazing clarity from what I heard and by other users, now I'm just concerned about the bass. I like good heavy bass. Not audiophile bass, but the kind you pass by at the 300 dollar headphone section at best buy and go "Wow, this sounds incredible". Will I get that from these? 

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 5
For what youre asking, they may not be the best purchase. They have fun audiophile bass. Its tight, and extends low but its not the bass youre looking for.

I think for the bass you want I would check out the Sony Xb 500s, 700s, or the Audio Technica PRO700mk2.

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Well i'm coming from earbuds, so I know it won't sound as crisp on my ears cause i always fine earbuds to sound better.. Here are the specs on my last earbuds. I ment audiophile "sound" i'm sorry. I really just like good headphones with good bass. Just as long as everything sounds good and has a really good quality and sound to it with bass that's not dr dre beats crazy, but maybe a couple notches down and much crisper. I'd also be using these with my iPod/iPhone. 

1. Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 24 kHz
  2. Speaker Driver: 9mm V-MASQUE dynamic technology, neodymium rare earth magnet
  3. Cables: Kevlar® reinforced, 32" plug to y-connector, 13.5" even-length earphone cables
  4. Plug: 45 degree, 24k gold-plated 3.5 mm (1/8") stereo plug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back