Purchasing my very first DAC, for use with E-MU 1212m & Corda ARIA.
Dec 31, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrith
In my experience, you're going to need to spend quite a bit of money to get a significant improvement over the DAC built into the 1212M. After using the 1212M for a few months I upgraded to a Benchmark DAC1, which did indeed sound better, but it was hardly an earth-shattering improvement. I think your money is better spent on items like amps and headphones (and speakers!).

What sort of price is the Benchmark Scrith? Is this an oversampling amp??? Thanks.

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #17 of 21
Jan 7, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #18 of 21
dosent matter much which source you get it from, im pretty sure poth just orders them from Diy club and resales them in the us. The DIY club + shipping price comes out to about the same as the price from poth.

Jan 7, 2006 at 10:29 AM Post #19 of 21
The Benchmark DAC1 (an external DAC with a variety of inputs and outputs that makes it very flexible for use with a computer with headphone and/or speaker amps, or as a headphone amp itself) is a great option if you're willing to spend around 700 (used) to 975 (new). With a DAC1 it won't matter what kind of sound card you have (as long as it supports a true 44K digital output, so I guess that rules out Soundblaster/Audigy/X-Fi).

Jan 7, 2006 at 12:04 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by maarek99
X-fi supports bitperfect out.

And I was under the impression that the audigy 2 does too, then again I may be wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back