Purchasing From PriceJapan
Jul 7, 2008 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Awah

100+ Head-Fier
Not sure if this should go here...hopefully someone can find the right place if not
redface.gif

I've been thinking of purchasing a pair of ATH-AD2000 from pricejapan for about a month and a half now but I do not know how EMS/DHL shipping works.

The DHL shipping is double the price of EMS and was wondering if someone could give me some insight into which shipping company I should choose (and why) and if pay the extra 30$ is worthwhile.

Thanks.

Jul 7, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 16
EMS is quick, delivers to CA in a couple of days. And chances that you get hit by customs fee is lower than DHL.
And pricejapan EMS shipments require signature on delivery.

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 16
I have some questions about this site too. I'm thinking of buying Denon D5000 from PriceJapan. How reliable are they really? I mean I don't want to open my package and see my D5000 in 2 pieces. I see that the options to pay is through PayPal or Bank Transfer. Which option is the best way? I have no experience in buying expensive things outside EU.

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 16
I always picked EMS too, I don't see a reason for the more expensive DHL, which other people report that has higher chances to be hit by taxes also.

I never had a problem with EMS Japan shipping after 8+ purchases, so in my book they are reliable.

Jacke: they just purchase a new item from a domestic vendor and ship it to you.
In my experience they package well and double box, so there should not be any problems.

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #6 of 16
I have had nothing but a good experience the 2 times I have bought something via PriceJapan and have used EMS both times for fast sign for delivery. The first time it went unnoticed through customs, the second time it got caugt. As stated EMS is not a company but a service that is offered as a colaboration between national postal services in a large number of countries, in Denmark it is handled by danish post however they only offer incoming EMS service, I can't ship EMS from Denmark.

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #7 of 16
PriceJapan is reliable. I've ordered from them a few times and the products always arrived like they weren't even shipped internationally...not broken and beat up and whatnot. I chose EMS as well, since I rather choose EMS than DHL, cause I've bad experiences with DHL, as well as the shipping savings. Great dealer.

Jul 7, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 16
I have bought from PriceJapan once, and was very pleased.
Delivered ultra fast. On my doorstep 12 days after ordering, for a build to order product (Stax 4070) with an estimated build time of 4 weeks.
Used EMS shipping which took 3 days from Japan to my door.

Highly recommended!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 16
I bought a Sharp Zaurus PDA two years or so ago from Pricejapan and everything went smooth. I made the big mistake though and chose DHL. Of course I had to pay custom fees
frown.gif

But I can recommend EMS as they are reliable, fast and until now I never had to pay for customs. I bought a few things from U.S. and some more from Japan and every time they shipped with something else than EMS I had to pay fees... So EMS is the way to go!

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #11 of 16
Can I beat this horse some more?

PriceJapan is the sh/t! And more importantly with regard to you, I bought my AD2000 from them. It took *calculates* six days, including the 4th of July (postal holiday)!!! I used EMS, which was, obviously, great. I just made a second purchase from PriceJapan; a friggin' inexpensive Stax system (relative to US prices). Recommend them X100, but honestly, that's what I have come to expect from the Japanese.

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #12 of 16
The cheap side of me always weeps when SAL shipping isn't offered by a place but then again you do get tracking and a twice as fast shipping speed. The signature requirement is actually a downside for me as the postman always comes by when I'm not awake, haha.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #14 of 16
They do not keep stock of products - they are not a retailer per se. They are a form of middle man whom purchase from various vendors/suppliers in Japan on your behalf.

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #15 of 16
Wow, well that's great news to hear
biggrin.gif

So what method of payment are you guys using? Which is the best way to pay? Bank Transfer, PayPal (PayPal /w Visa?), or what ever these moneybookers are
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back