Purchasing: "Closed-back" headphones.
Oct 13, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Force /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if I know raise my budget that much (I started with a budget at 1000 SEK), but I do see that the M50 is being sold at a store called "IntroPris" for 1495 SEK which I could agree on. Do you think they are anything to trust? The comments on Prisjakt doesn't seem to be very good (around 5/10 stars) though. I don't want to be scammed.

I haven't dealt with them, bought mine from UK (Solid State Sound - Home).

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

AH-D1001: On-Ear Stereo Headphones

You have me there. For the life of me, I don't know why I had it in my head that it was around-the-ear. Baring that, it is around-the-ear, or circumaural, for my ears. They sit inside the cup and the pad itself surrounds the ear, just about touching the lower part of the outer ear.

Quote:

For gaming, would these work?

I dunno. Never tried them for gaming. I have a dedicated headphone for that. I suspect though that they would be fine for that purpose. I have used the 271s and mkII for FPS shooters like Team Fortress 2 and Crysis and both were fine. I had to crank up the bass, but it was fine. Since the Denon already has a low bass kick without the use of an amp, it should be ok.

Quote:

cloth cord on the AH-D1001?

No. Slightly rubbery feeling cable with an extension cable of similar quality.

Quote:

How about the quality?

Build quality on this unit is ok. It came with a loose right cup. I tightened the two screws that hold up the hinge and it has never come loose again. It does feel flimsy due to its light weight, but nothings come undone with my constant throwing in the bag and traveling to and from work. Let's put it this way...The AKG271 gives the feeling of being built like a tank...The DenonD1001 doesn't give that same sense of industructibility, but it is well built. I would take really good care of this thing compared to the AKG.

Quote:

AH-D1001 is "Toe-tapping" and more "fun" than the K27x?

Yes. Very much so.

Quote:

So you're saying DENON AH-D1001 is better than Sennheiser HD-25 in your opinion? Sorry if I didn't fully understand you.

No. Heaven's no. I meant the SP version. Denon AH-D1001 > Sennheiser HD25 SP 1. HD25 SP 1 is different from HD25-1 II. Two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT cans of the same family. I have not heard the HD25-1 II so I cannot compare that to the Denon. I own the HD25 SP 1 and compared that to the Denon.

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Also regarding isolation. On-ear's usually leak a little bit more sound out than around-ear does. But they're still closed-back design. But do they leak more than say, the HD555 or HD595?

They don't seem to bug the neighbours. With that I mean the co-workers seated to my right and behind. That being said, with the Denon off my head, I can hear his music playing from his no name generic headphone. It must be playing at full volume. With the Denon on, I can hear the roar of the computer fans and other people typing away or having conversations. The Denon doesn't isolate very well. The AKG271 did better. Everything was more mutted with it on. People had to tap me on the shoulder to get my attention. Not so with the Denon. I can hear them a mile away...unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back