Purchasing advice
Apr 23, 2020 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MartianMonkey

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market for some IEM's and I have it narrowed to about 3 that are in my price range which is $100-$140.

SHOZY FORM 1.4 - Price $140
Moondrop Starfield - Price $110
Linsoul TFZ NO.3 - Price $110

I seem to keep reading good things about each here in the forums but just wanted to get some up front advice before I spend my money or if there is something better in my price range.

Thanks

Apr 23, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm in the market for some IEM's and I have it narrowed to about 3 that are in my price range which is $100-$140.

SHOZY FORM 1.4 - Price $140
Moondrop Starfield - Price $110
Linsoul TFZ NO.3 - Price $110

I seem to keep reading good things about each here in the forums but just wanted to get some up front advice before I spend my money or if there is something better in my price range.

Thanks

Don't have the first 2, but I have TFZ NO. 3.

It is a basshead IEM, U shaped. Does very well with bass forward music like EDM, very fun sounding.
Technicals are above average for a single DD set. My complaints with it is a peakish upper mids and average soundstage.

I think of more importance is the following questions:
1) What are your preferred music genres?
2) What is your preferred sound signature? Basshead, treblehead, treblesensitive, midcentric, V shaped, harmanish, neutral etc?

So at least the community can give better finetuned advise.

Apr 23, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 7
Don't have the first 2, but I have TFZ NO. 3.

It is a basshead IEM, U shaped. Does very well with bass forward music like EDM, very fun sounding.
Technicals are above average for a single DD set. My complaints with it is a peakish upper mids and average soundstage.

I think of more importance is the following questions:
1) What are your preferred music genres?
2) What is your preferred sound signature? Basshead, treblehead, treblesensitive, midcentric, V shaped, harmanish, neutral etc?

So at least the community can give better finetuned advise.

I listen to various kinds of music. Lately it has been R&B/Hip Hop. I want something a little neutral. I enjoy bass but nothing over powering. I do want something that will go good for music, movies, & a little gaming on my switch. Hopefully that helps a little.

Apr 23, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 7
I listen to various kinds of music. Lately it has been R&B/Hip Hop. I want something a little neutral. I enjoy bass but nothing over powering. I do want something that will go good for music, movies, & a little gaming on my switch. Hopefully that helps a little.

K, then TFZ No. 3 is not the best rec for you as the bass can be overpowering at times.

I don't have it, but I've read good things about the Moondrop Starfield and Tin HIFI T4, they are definitely lighter in bass and more balanced than the No. 3, maybe u can ask the others in the dedicated CHIFI thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/

i recently bought the TRI I3, and it is a DD + planar + BA tribid, superbly smooth and silky and mild U shaped. Mids are the star of the show, but it needs quite a lot of power to drive the planars. That set is good for a non fatiguing chill listen. I ain't sure if the switch can drive it adequately as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back