Purchased my first good pair of headphones! (Pics!)
Feb 24, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #31 of 41
Feb 24, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to decide to get the older SR80, newer SR80i (depends on where you buy them), OR get the Alessandro MS1 (which is a fine-tuned, refined SR80). Decisions, decisions!

Just to make your life harder (kidding
tongue.gif
)

New version of MS1 is coming soon

Feb 24, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Much appreciated sir.

And its funny, because I was reading the gradolabs site, wondering why my 80s didn't come with the bowls, even though it says they do. Awesome.

How will I be able to tell if I got the SR225i's or not tomorrow?

Feb 24, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #34 of 41
If they have that extra flange that sits over the gimbal where the headband connected to the housing. Then its the i. Basically do they look identical to the ones on the site right now.

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #36 of 41
Damn DGNeo you just got you're Sr80 and already you're getting the SR225 lol,

My SR80 was my first online audio and ebay purchase, I still use them and waiting to fund for an used SR225, I would like to get the Sr225i/Sr325is, but since my KFC allows me to work with them on I'm not gonna push it by getting larger headphones

Feb 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fortgammon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn DGNeo you just got you're Sr80 and already you're getting the SR225 lol,

My SR80 was my first online audio and ebay purchase, I still use them and waiting to fund for an used SR225, I would like to get the Sr225i/Sr325is, but since my KFC allows me to work with them on I'm not gonna push it by getting larger headphones

Yeah, I figured I might as well take advantage of the deal musicdirect was having (20% off all grados).

Still waiting for my StarQuad interconnects, and my opamps.

Feb 25, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #38 of 41
Congrats man; the first "jump" into Hi-Fi is always the biggest. Be warned though, know that purchases from here on out won't be that great a jump (depends on what you buy) and you are going to have to spend a lot on small improvements if you want to continue to improve the SQ of your music.

Remember, only do stuff when you think it's the right time (only upgrade when you are ready, not when you see a better pair of headphones).
Just giving a heads up and congrats again on your buy.

Feb 25, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #39 of 41
Just got the 225s, definitely not the i's. First thing I notice off the bat is with the tape mod on the bowls, there's A LOT of bass. Way more than my 80i's. Gotta let these burn in for a while, but I'm in love already.

EDIT: Even with the comfies there's more. AWESOME.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #40 of 41
One other update. I received my StarQuad Interconnects, OPA2107AP opamps, and my Mullard M8161 Large Shield Tubes (Rival, if not better than the fabled Sylvania 408As) the other day.

I'm in love all over again, and the tubes/opamp aren't even fully broken in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back