Puppy-Fi: Meet Tracker and Violet...
Mar 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

beerguy0

Headphoneus Supremus
Tracker and Violet are Miniature Aussie Shepherds, eight weeks old. Puppy Mania has begun:wink:

Tracker is the male, and has one blue eye.

Mrs. BG with a double arm full of puppy love:

810230496_85gM9-XL.jpg

810230615_YqpUZ-XL.jpg

810230808_mWeRv-XL.jpg

810231009_dfLZh-XL.jpg

Violet tearing in to a rawhide chew strip:

810231464_8iLX6-XL.jpg

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 20
It's a cliche, I know, but everybody loves puppies. I'm not a dog person myself, but I actually caught myself saying Ohhh! when I looked at the pictures. They're great looking pups. How big do they get when full grown? Seems like they are pretty sizeable for just eight weeks.

I grew up in a house full of animals, including dogs, but as an adult I have not kept pets (I live in a small NYC apartment.)

Mar 15, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a cliche, I know, but everybody loves puppies. I'm not a dog person myself, but I actually caught myself saying Ohhh! when I looked at the pictures. They're great looking pups. How big do they get when full grown? Seems like they are pretty sizeable for just eight weeks.

I grew up in a house full of animals, including dogs, but as an adult I have not kept pets (I live in a small NYC apartment.)

The Mini Aussie Shepherd gets to around 20-40 lbs., and no higher than 18" at the shoulders. This particular color pattern is called Blue Merle. Aussie Shepherds are highly intelligent, very active and are easily trained.

We always had dogs when I was a kid, but my wife and I have only had cats since we've been married. Looking forward to taking them to parks this summer. We both need to get more exercise, and having dogs now gives us a reason.

Mar 15, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 20
Wow! Gorgeous puppies!!!!!!!!
I want a dog again now!!!!!!!!!

I want to see them full size, so update us once in awhile !!!!

Mar 15, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Mini Aussie Shepherd gets to around 20-40 lbs., and no higher than 18" at the shoulders. This particular color pattern is called Blue Merle. Aussie Shepherds are highly intelligent, very active and are easily trained.

We always had dogs when I was a kid, but my wife and I have only had cats since we've been married. Looking forward to taking them to parks this summer. We both need to get more exercise, and having dogs now gives us a reason.

There's just something about the attention and engagement you get from a dog. My parents have a cat, who I really love, but she, like most cats, is very independent. When I was a little boy, our family dog would follow my little sister around the neighborhood whenever she set foot outside of our yard. I can't imagine a cat doing that.

I would love to have a dog, but I just don't think it would be fair to keep one in a 350 sq foot apartment. I'm just going to keep telling myself that.

Mar 15, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #7 of 20
What long hair you have, beerguy!

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wife and I have been talking about getting a dog.... This is not helping
biggrin.gif
Gorgeous puppies!

Hey, "gorgeous" was my word! lol

But they really are, arent they?
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #10 of 20
Super cute pups, the one blue eye is really cool! Congrats! I'd also request updates.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #12 of 20
Nice! We have three full-size Aussies, and I have to say it is an awesome breed. They can be challenging and require a lot of activity (or else they'll make you crazy), but I'm sure you're up to it. Our youngest is turning into an excellent cattle herder, much to our delight.

n636905060_3021360_960.jpg

And they all like herding cats.

n636905060_230523_2413.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back