Pulling the trigger on Shure SE215
Nov 27, 2013 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

curiousgally

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm about to pull the trigger on Shure SE215. I narrowed down to this after reading through a lot threads here at head-fi. I had used Brainwavz M3 before. They died out, and so looking for something at 100$. I need something that would perform good overall and slightly more detailed (not too much). I dont want the music to bee too analytic or too bassy either.

I was planning to order from amazon, seems that they are out of stock. I checked the shure website for authorized sellers. Checked all of them if there would be any holiday deals, didn't find any though. However 'American Music Supply', a authorized seller provides one additional year over the 2 year shure warranty. So 3 years of warranty at no extra cost is kind of tempting after i lost the Brainwavz M3 after just an year.  Anybody has any experience buying from American Music Supply. I would get a 10% discount on amazon if at all they become available.

I'm open to other suggestions as well !!!

Thanks.

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 8
Whilst they are quite bassy, they are (in my opinion) the best budget IEM on the market.

They have high praise, pretty much universally. I think you should go for it.

Nov 27, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 8
Nov 27, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 8
That's true too but most reviews here rate them higher (I haven't seen that the other way around). Infact I actually wanted to get the SE215 originally before I settled for 'not-that-great' Tpeos H-100 and now the 'great' GR07BE. Anyway personal sonic preference plays the biggest part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back