Pulling the trigger hesitation -- How long do you stare at the confirm button?
Jan 5, 2009 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Marl

100+ Head-Fier
I think I had all of my information put in to buy ath-ad900s for about twenty minutes before I brought myself to click the complete transaction. I had already decided, but then I reread a slew of reviews before going through with it.

Now I'm pretty happy. I'll post my thoughts when they arrive!
atsmile.gif

So, How long do you stare at the button before actually clicking it?

trigger.png

Scary.

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 19
For the AD900s, I would'nt even think it would only take a nanosecond (see sig). I have been doing my homework as well, and will be getting some soon enough. Those are the ones for me. As with everything that I buy, doing a lot of research & auditoning (if possible) helps the decision making process tremendously. So when the time comes to purchase something, there is no hesitation. It's when something better comes out, then you say damn I shoulda waited. Please give your impressions, after listening and burn-in. Enjoy.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #6 of 19
I usually spend several months thinking about a purchase before I commit, so actually pressing the button comes easily. The most recent exception would be my HFI-680s, which I only spent a couple weeks considering once I decided I needed better isolation in the dorm than 595s.
biggrin.gif

I did spend enough time researching the 680s though to find them heavily discounted at Northern Sound & Light, a place I can't recommend enough. They carry some other brands as well.

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #7 of 19
From books to music to headphones, I try not to stare at the button as I click it, because for some reason the knowledge of having money invisibly and instantly taken away from me just feels too...odd.
redface.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #8 of 19
The time taken to push the confirm button has expanded exponentially in the past few months. This is since PayPal now shows me the final figure in Rands (local currency) using their currency conversion figures - which by the way tend to be better than my bank's. It used to just show me the forex amount (US$X.XX or GBP X.XX, etc.) and it was luck-of-the-draw as to how much the bank would charge, but now it hits home and registers in the brain straight away
tongue.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #12 of 19
I usually canvas the Internet for days (weeks?) to find the best deal. Sometimes I get to the last step of ordering and abandon the order. I ordered at least one or two things from Amazon only to cancel the order a few minutes later. Most of the time I stare at the button for at least a few minutes before committing to buy.

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #13 of 19
Depends on the value of the order.
If $100 or less, probably 1-2 seconds. If $100-1000, probably 10 seconds. If $1000+, probably 20-30 seconds. Making sure I got it all right.

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #15 of 19
Up to 30 minutes staring at the confirm button. Or sometimes multiple times getting to that screen and exiting out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back