PSP Slim & Lite
Oct 8, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find this wrong, as the hackers give it away for free, and most people should be able to get it themselves.

Yes I know that the Pandora batery app is free for download, but to convert the battery for hacking, you need to already have a PSP with CFW on it, which is where the dilemma is for the OP.

Quote:

You can do that w/o a plugin now, in the recovery menu. (R on startup)

Yes, but you must already be on CFW.

Quote:

I dont think it does, if you sent in a brick, before you could downgrade all fw, they upgraded it to the latest fw (with their unbricking battery) so you couldnt use homebrew/Pirate games.

It does void your warranty, as stated in the User Agreement Document:

"You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of such tool to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PSP™ system; (ii) violate any laws, regulations or statutes, or rights of SCE or third parties in connection with your access to or use of the System Software, including the access, use, or distribution of any software or hardware that you know or should have known to be infringing or pirated; (iii) use any hardware or software to cause the System Software to accept or use unauthorized, illegal, or pirated software or hardware; (iv) obtain the System Software in any manner other than through SCE's authorized distribution methods; or (v) exploit the System Software in any manner other than to use it in your PSP™ system in accordance with the accompanying documentation and with authorized software or hardware, including use of the System Software to design, develop, update, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware for use in connection with the PSP™ system for any reason. Any violation of these restrictions may void the PSP™ system's warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from SCE."

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #17 of 23
I'm definitely sticking to the Sony firmware at least until warranty is still in effect. I haven't updated it from 3.60 to 3.71 though.

Is it possible that in the future, these guys could develop some way of installing CFW on the slim PSP without all the hassle of the pandora battery, magic memory stick etc? IT just seems like a lot of hassle to me at the moment.

There is lots of people in my area who will install CFW on any PSP for about $15, but I'm not really keen to send off my PSP to some random!

Oct 9, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm definitely sticking to the Sony firmware at least until warranty is still in effect. I haven't updated it from 3.60 to 3.71 though.

Is it possible that in the future, these guys could develop some way of installing CFW on the slim PSP without all the hassle of the pandora battery, magic memory stick etc? IT just seems like a lot of hassle to me at the moment.

Yeah! No one expected an unbricker, or even custom firmware...Are either of you old enough in the scene to remeber Devhook, MPH ect?

Quote:

There is lots of people in my area who will install CFW on any PSP for about $15, but I'm not really keen to send off my PSP to some random!

Sounds like a scam, but a year ago, i could have downgraded al my mates psps for a fee, but then they would all ask for games, so i didnt.....

They could just be young, and $15 is a bit of pocket money for easy work...

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Yeah! No one expected an unbricker, or even custom firmware...Are either of you old enough in the scene to remeber Devhook, MPH ect?

I'm kind of old in the PSP scene, since late 2005. I loved messing with the Dreamcast and PSX/PS2, so I couldn't resist. I remember the MPH firmware emulator and then his game loader. Devhook and booster was amazing when they hit, a little after fanjita and the LCS chronicles. I've always been a beta tester for IrShell. My all time great lists include Raf, Ahman, ZX-81, booster, Fanjita, Dark AleX, Ookm, and MPH.

I think the PSP is still my favorite gadget personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back