Psp or ipod touch?
Oct 24, 2008 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

callmevil

100+ Head-Fier
hey, was wondering, which of the two (psp & ipod touch) sound better? considering ur using the same music with the same compression, and listening with the same headset (un amp)

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 31
The psp is huge though, I don't understand why anyone would use a PSP as a DAP? I can't imagine whipping that bad boy out on the train!

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha 1 Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that depends on your headphones...

a sennheiser pmx-100 and a dt880, (the dt880 is unamp when i bring it out, it is amp however when im at home)

k, the pmx100 sounds good with the psp but the sound is just so, in ur face.. with the dt800, the sound is more free somewhat. but then the volume is low.. so i was wondering, if i were to get an ipod touch.. would the sound be improved on both headsets??

basically, is the ipod touch louder than the psp? which of the two have better sound processor / chip?

thanks

Oct 24, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #7 of 31
Well I have both... and I can tell you, the iPod Touch
biggrin.gif
HAHA Although the screen on my PSP is much better IMO... but the iPod Touch is much more convenient and ergonomic in terms of music and videos playback.

Oct 24, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #8 of 31
Reply I have the PSP phat and iPod Touch 1st gen. The PSP does not sound that great. I use both with a UE-11 or Atrio M8. If listening to music is of primary concern, the PSP is not an ideal choice.

As far as other media is concerned, the Touch still has an edge. The Touch's screen does not suffer from obvious ghosting (or interlacing issues like the PSP 3000), and is slightly better outdoors. Free apps like Stanza allow you to read ebooks (pdb, lit, txt, rtf) on the Touch. Lot's of free content via podcasts.

If you spend most of your time playing games, I think the PSP wins by a mile. Casual gaming is fine on the Touch, but I like the library of games on the PSP by far.

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reply I have the PSP phat and iPod Touch 1st gen. The PSP does not sound that great. I use both with a UE-11 or Atrio M8. If listening to music is of primary concern, the PSP is not an ideal choice.

As far as other media is concerned, the Touch still has an edge. The Touch's screen does not suffer from obvious ghosting (or interlacing issues like the PSP 3000), and is slightly better outdoors. Free apps like Stanza allow you to read ebooks (pdb, lit, txt, rtf) on the Touch. Lot's of free content via podcasts.

If you spend most of your time playing games, I think the PSP wins by a mile. Casual gaming is fine on the Touch, but I like the library of games on the PSP by far.

lol good point on the free apps..
hmm i already have a psp, im just trying to justify the need to get an ipod touch which will be used for something the psp can already do..

i play alot of games on my psp.. just that ive completed most of them and, i find myself too busy to play games nowadays that all my psp is for is music.. sigh~

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpspfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've played the over 200 good games for the PSP?

lol no. but ive completed the new ones ive got.. gow, wildarms, ffcc, silent hill... + im playing my october collection of ps3 games now!! so free time cant be spent on more games on the psp.. lmao

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #14 of 31
iPod Touch for music, podcasts, browsing the net. PSP for games, and watching a movie on it is a pleasure (screen is great - especially the PSP3000). listening to music on the PSP is really a last choice thing. I wouldn't recommend it me'self.

Oct 25, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #15 of 31
I own a PSP with a lot of software and have had a Touch to play with. Two different animals. Find out what exactly you are looking for and go from there. Traveling with a PSP is awesome on a plane watching movies, Touch is too convenient with music in your pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back