Psp or ipod touch?
Oct 26, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #16 of 31
I use the internet radio on my PSP, and hooked up my Grado SR-60s, its actually not bad at all. The only reason I'd never do it is because of its size, course I'd still take any other mp3 player for SQ but the PSP+Grado SR-60s is definitely tolerable but, not practical.

Oct 26, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #17 of 31
I recently purchased a 2G iPod Touch in favor of my PSP slim. The reason was that I found myself not really having any interest in playing the games available on the PSP. Therefore I mainly used it for its speakers, where I would listen to podcasts as I fall asleep each night. The speakers made it realyl nice because I didn't need super sound quality just to listen to podcasts, and I didn't have to go to sleep with earphones on.

Anyways with the release of the 2G iPod Touch and it's built-in speaker, I took the opportunity to upgrade my 6 year old iPod to the new model. I did it because I didn't play games on the PSP anymore and also the browsing and web features of the iPod are vastly superior. And yes I too agree that the screen is better on the iPod Touch than the PSP. No Ghosting and it's got a much higher pixel density.

Anyways IMO the PSP's headphone output was okay but not as good as the iPod Touch. The iPod Touch has no hiss even with my ER4Ps.

Ruahrc

Oct 26, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #18 of 31
Ummm, eerrr, the screen is actually better on the PSP,and the PSP3000 is even sweeter.

Oct 26, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruahrc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently purchased a 2G iPod Touch in favor of my PSP slim. The reason was that I found myself not really having any interest in playing the games available on the PSP. Therefore I mainly used it for its speakers, where I would listen to podcasts as I fall asleep each night. The speakers made it realyl nice because I didn't need super sound quality just to listen to podcasts, and I didn't have to go to sleep with earphones on.

Anyways with the release of the 2G iPod Touch and it's built-in speaker, I took the opportunity to upgrade my 6 year old iPod to the new model. I did it because I didn't play games on the PSP anymore and also the browsing and web features of the iPod are vastly superior. And yes I too agree that the screen is better on the iPod Touch than the PSP. No Ghosting and it's got a much higher pixel density.

Anyways IMO the PSP's headphone output was okay but not as good as the iPod Touch. The iPod Touch has no hiss even with my ER4Ps.

Ruahrc

great... now i have to buy the ipod touch...
angry_face.gif
thx ruahrc.. good reply
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thinner than any of your DAPs + PA2v2.

Which is why A. I no longer use the PA2V2 and B. If I was using it, I wouldn't need to take it out of my bag to change tracks.

The PSP is not a DAP in my opinion.

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #23 of 31
Oh lord, please go for a ipod touch 2g! I have both and the SQ is better. This may also just be personal preference but I hate using the PSP for music in general. When I listen to music I like to customize my playlist instead of just listening to all of my music or just all the music by a certain artist. Also, the psp media player doesn't even save the position in the music you were playing when you turn it onto standby, in fact it doesn't even bring you back to the music player at all!

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuggles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh lord, please go for a ipod touch 2g! I have both and the SQ is better. This may also just be personal preference but I hate using the PSP for music in general. When I listen to music I like to customize my playlist instead of just listening to all of my music or just all the music by a certain artist. Also, the psp media player doesn't even save the position in the music you were playing when you turn it onto standby, in fact it doesn't even bring you back to the music player at all!

Gawd, thank you!!! Just get the Touch, the PSP is NOT a music device. It sux for it.

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by insicor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What others have said, but yeah, PSP = terrible DAP. It's a pretty good video player though, assuming you can get around the stupid limiting codec support.

True! I watch 2hr movies on it, really shines in this aspect. For games and videos, wonderful, for music,............ it S-U-C-K-S!!!!

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by callmevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My ears must still be weak... cuz on my pmx-100, the sound from the psp is tolerable.. I do agree about the lack of a customizable playlist though..

FWIW the PX100 can make almost anything sound good, it's just how the Sennheiser magic works!!!
atsmile.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW the PX100 can make almost anything sound good, it's just how the Sennheiser magic works!!!
atsmile.gif

I'm not a fan myself, do not like the sound of my PX100's at all. Also, they clamp onto my head something rotten!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back