PSB M4U 1 vs B&O Beoplay H6
Jul 7, 2016 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

donpd

New Head-Fier
Both are priced $250 on Amazon at the moment and I was wondering what would be the better option?
I listen to a wide variety of music but probably I would go on the more modern side of things with the occasional old school rock and disco.
I've had my ATH-M40X for quite a while now and I'm looking for an upgrade.

I've also been looking into the NAD Viso HP50 and sennheiser momentum 2.0 as well. Thanks for the replies!

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 6
Jul 7, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Jul 7, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 6
That is correct, less mid-bass than the majority of closed (portable) headphones, but it goes pretty deep and has nice texture. They get their warmth and body from the low mids, which are a bit warmer than neutral, to my ears. I think the BeoPlays are wonderful for classical music, with this they beat the Momentums and HP50s in my opinion. But I feel the Momentums are more all-round, great with all types of music. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the PSBs...

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #5 of 6
  That is correct, less mid-bass than the majority of closed (portable) headphones, but it goes pretty deep and has nice texture. They get their warmth and body from the low mids, which are a bit warmer than neutral, to my ears. I think the BeoPlays are wonderful for classical music, with this they beat the Momentums and HP50s in my opinion. But I feel the Momentums are more all-round, great with all types of music. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the PSBs...

Concur, the bass goes VERY DEEP.  But they are not bass heavy or prominent so bass-heads may not like them.  However, the bass none-the-less detailed and accurate... more so than my LCD-2s... being a closed headphone helps in that area.

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 6
I agree with this - probably not for bass heads, more quality than quantity, and more even across the overall bass spectrum. I have only heard the 2nd generation H6 (which some say have a little more bass than the 1st gen) - I like them for general listening, and for me for classical (my main genre), with the audeze sine, they are my go to phones at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back