PSA: free Krispy Kreme donut!
Jun 1, 2005 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Damage

100+ Head-Fier
promoMainDntDay2005.jpg

Just as the picture says, free donut of your choice this friday. Plus that free glazed they're always giving out...

Mmm... donuts.

Jun 1, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 30
With the time you would have to wait in line to get that free donut, you could just buy one at the mom and pop place across the street. That's the way it was with Chipotle's, a chain of burrito places here in SoCal. The line outside the door to get a 'free' burrito was so long you would have to burn your whole lunch hour waiting to get a 'free' burrito. How much is your time worth?

Krispy Kreme dramatically overbuilt in an expansion phase, and many of their locations are not doing well.

Jun 1, 2005 at 12:15 PM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
Jeff, I assume that's some strange language you're speaking, but that's an awful lot of words if it means "mmmmm.... free doughnuts."
biggrin.gif

haha

and we have chipotle in dc. it's just mexican mcdonald's, after all.

Jun 1, 2005 at 5:10 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
With the time you would have to wait in line to get that free donut, you could just buy one at the mom and pop place across the street. That's the way it was with Chipotle's, a chain of burrito places here in SoCal. The line outside the door to get a 'free' burrito was so long you would have to burn your whole lunch hour waiting to get a 'free' burrito. How much is your time worth?

Chipotle's? Never heard of them, and I've been in SoCal pretty much all my life. Mind you, I don't get south of... 105 much these days, mind you, so it could be a South Bay thing. Sorry, being in the San Gabriel Valley area, I don't get out to South Bay much these days. Too bad, I rather like the place .

Krispy Kreme, on the other hand, is a nationwide thing, so I figured there are some of us that may like their donuts. Me? One or two Krispy Kreme every fiscal quarter does it for me. With a whole jug of milk to keep the overly sweetness to a minimum.

Jun 2, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
haha

and we have chipotle in dc. it's just mexican mcdonald's, after all.

How dare you refer to Chipotle and McDonalds in the same post (I know the business relationship) but come on the Chipotle is the anti-McDonalds. There food is cooked fresh, no microwaves. No more burrito bucks for you!
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

free doughnuts ..... MMMMMM doughnuts. I at 7 at one sitting once

and you've been sitting there ever since.
frown.gif
( a smilie with a teardrop coming out would make this a better joke...hint hint).

Jun 2, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
While free is good I cant stand Krispy kreme donuts...I know you not going to believe what I am about to say..coming from me but there to sweet...Omg I cant believe I said that...

dunkin donuts rules!!!!!

Yes, they are a little sweet - and I eat candy everday! Once in a while is fine though, when you want that sweet, melting fat feeling in your mouth
biggrin.gif

On a side note, 7-eleven seems to be carrying glazed donuts that are just like KK's. The only knockoff I've seen so far. They're actually ok, sort of soft.

Jun 2, 2005 at 9:58 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
Krispy Kreme dramatically overbuilt in an expansion phase, and many of their locations are not doing well.

They expanded into New England with a roar, but haven't made the inroads they wanted to make. I, too, find their donuts to be too much; if I eat them, I usually eat half.

Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks easily have the majority of the coffee/donut market here, at least in MA....

Jun 2, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
How dare you refer to Chipotle and McDonalds in the same post (I know the business relationship) but come on the Chipotle is the anti-McDonalds. There food is cooked fresh, no microwaves. No more burrito bucks for you!
biggrin.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! They have made a number of lunches so much better!
eggosmile.gif

Isn't chipotle owned by micky d's?
I agree with you about the food, though. There is another place here called california tortilla that I assumed would be much better, but it actually just showed me how good chipotle really is. Their chicken is surprisingly good, too.

Jun 2, 2005 at 1:23 PM Post #15 of 30
Krispy Kreme is the singular reason why I'll never move back to the States. If ever they bring one of their "restaurants" to Cayman, I'll go find another Island before I weigh 475 pounds! (Actually, I looked into doing it myself a couple of years ago but the franchise fees were much too high to consider it seriously).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back