PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
Aug 14, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #991 of 1,094
^Oh snap! Shame on Sony!

Site your source, BTW
biggrin.gif

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+America+Signs+Exclusive+Deal+with+Eidos...-a019760956

Tomb Raider series was multiplatform to begin with and became more popular on PlayStation platform because Sony forced sales of their product onto the fans of the Tomb Raider series.

the simple truth is that if this all went down with "Xbox" replaced by "PlayStation", the media and reactions would be completely different and poeple would be sharing completely different convictions. it's why i just don't bother much anymore with the stupidity.

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #992 of 1,094
I was unaware that Sony pulled such a move, but maybe the failure of the N64 may have had much to do with it?

In all honesty, I'm a simple gamer. I don't need much to keep me happy. Give me a shooter, a crime sandbox, an RPG, a horror game, and maybe a sports game or two. And, oh yeah, a high speed racing game too!

A handful of games should be more than enough for me. Last gen, I had a backlog of about 25-30 games that I never got around to playing.

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #994 of 1,094
I'm talking about how it failed to meet Nintendo's standards in sales... not the quality of the console, itself. Isn't that when Nintendo began to take a back seat in the conslole war? Resulting in major failure, by their own standards set by the SNES?

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #995 of 1,094
If true, it would make sense why they didn't get into a bidding war with Sony .

Edit: Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm only speaking off memory (which isn't quite what it used to be), not research.

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #996 of 1,094
The reason why everyone is down on M$ is because they tried to pull the whole DRM thing.... That was a dicky move IMO and even though I didn't like M$ before, I now like them even less. Hardware specs and exclusives notwithstanding.

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #997 of 1,094
The reason why everyone is down on M$ is because they tried to pull the whole DRM thing.... That was a dicky move IMO and even though I didn't like M$ before, I now like them even less. Hardware specs and exclusives notwithstanding.
If you're older than 10, please stop using "M$" to refer to Microsoft.

More importantly, the DRM idea is going to come back to consoles. Microsoft sees it coming, I see it coming, anyone who has dealt with the BS on PC sees it coming, and I'm sure Sony sees it coming, too. MS was just too soon on presenting their plan, IMO, and actually, they added a bunch of useful features to digital distribution that would have allowed sharing games within families. When they dropped the online requirements, I remember several people being upset about losing those additional features.

Yes, it was too soon for the market, especially since disks are still king, but there's no reason to continue crucifying a company for a policy that they changed.

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #998 of 1,094
A policy they had to change, otherwise Xbone would have been a total flop 
rolleyes.gif

M$ has a nice zing to it and I like it so.... No, sorry 
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #1,000 of 1,094
Way late to the whole thing but I would and did purchase the PS4. Not because of a slightly faster IPU or whatever but because I had a 360 and PS3 only thing I used the 360 for really was for Netflix etc... so I let my Gold membership expire then I learned I had to have that just to watch the services I pay for BS next day I traded everything xbox related in for a PS4 (I'm aware they NOW no longer require gold to watch your services but much to late for me). Also other than that garbage I really didn't care to much for Microsofts interface though I did love the avatar aspect the blocks really didn't work for me. Next and prob. the second largest factor was my friends. A vast majority of the people I know/hangout with were also getting the PS4 so that worked out nicely.
Now that the consoles have been out for almost a year I really love my PS4 had a few connectivity problems early on but that quickly got fixed. I LOVE the simplicity and ease of use for the chat feature all my friends can talk to each other even though we're playing different game I love that. The same feature is on XBOX but is for some reason way more complicated (A youtuber I watch, Drift0r, did a exact representation on this in one of his videos). Also the PS4 was way easier to place being not necessarily more erginomical but slimmer I suppose than the blocky one. The cameras between the two systems are about exactly the same to me. But this is my 2 cents I've really enjoyed the 4 and have zero regrets with my purchase. ALSO on a side note I love that I can plug ANY headphones into the controller of my 4 and voila way better soundstage than the marketing gaming headphones claim they have, on the xbox's you have to have a stupid adaptor piece.

Aug 18, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #1,002 of 1,094
If you're older than 10, please stop using "M$" to refer to Microsoft.

More importantly, the DRM idea is going to come back to consoles. Microsoft sees it coming, I see it coming, anyone who has dealt with the BS on PC sees it coming, and I'm sure Sony sees it coming, too. MS was just too soon on presenting their plan, IMO, and actually, they added a bunch of useful features to digital distribution that would have allowed sharing games within families. When they dropped the online requirements, I remember several people being upset about losing those additional features.

Yes, it was too soon for the market, especially since disks are still king, but there's no reason to continue crucifying a company for a policy that they changed.

100% agree. DRM is coming. I thought a lot of the ideas they scrapped were actually decent ideas. I'm sure we'll see them incorporated eventually, more or less.

Aug 18, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #1,003 of 1,094
100% agree. DRM is coming. I thought a lot of the ideas they scrapped were actually decent ideas. I'm sure we'll see them incorporated eventually, more or less.

Ideas were good, implementation and timing were not. They should have made the online requirement optional if you had stable internet.  

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #1,004 of 1,094
One thing I am disappointed at about the PS4 is Sony's failed "everything everywhere" philosophy. They wanted to make all PlayStation titles (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita) available and playable on PS4 and PS Vita. That would have been amazing...but it seems like they more or less gave up on the plan.

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #1,005 of 1,094
  One thing I am disappointed at about the PS4 is Sony's failed "everything everywhere" philosophy. They wanted to make all PlayStation titles (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita) available and playable on PS4 and PS Vita. That would have been amazing...but it seems like they more or less gave up on the plan.

They are still in the beta testing phase of the streaming service. When that becomes available to the masses it will presumably have all the PS titles for any system able to run it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back