PS Vita - What are your impressions?
Nov 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Audioscope

100+ Head-Fier
Lately, there has been some great deals on the PS Vita bundles.  I picked up the Assassins Creed: Liberation bundle with the white Vita, a 4GB memory card, and an exclusive steelbook case for the game for $200.

I don`t mind the game, but it`s not as good as I had hoped.  On the other hand, the price of the system is really quite good with this bundle, but when are the good games coming[size=small]?  For those with a Vita, what do you recommend[/size][size=small]?[/size]

[size=small]PS. I do look forward to playing Final Fantasy 7 on the Vita though. :)[/size]

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 46
I have thought of getting one to just for the PS Network, All the old school RPG's and such are on it i think it rock to play them portable.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 46
Just bought Metal Gear HD Collection for my Vita.  I think this one is a must have!

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #5 of 46
Love the Vita, but as usual, support for Sony portables is lacking. Good games on it, but not many games available.

If Sony insists on supporting the PSP over the Vita in Japan, the Vita is gonna die an early death. They need to slowly kill off the PSP so developers will make the move to the Vita.

As it stands, they keep on releasing attarctive PSP bundles, and whatnot. Yes, it makes them money there, but the Vita isnt, and theh need to look at the future, not present.

As far as Vita in english speaking countries, well... its not doing hot either.

My biggest disappointment, is the analog sticks. They just do not feel right. It was a huge selling point, and yet, its what disappoints me most.

I love my Vita, but right now, its collecting dust...as is my 3DSXL. Just waiting for some true killer apps to come out, not ports or remakes.

I will be buying DJ Max Technika Tune soon though.

Dec 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #6 of 46
Quote:
Love the Vita, but as usual, support for Sony portables is lacking. Good games on it, but not many games available.
If Sony insists on supporting the PSP over the Vita in Japan, the Vita is gonna die an early death. They need to slowly kill off the PSP so developers will make the move to the Vita.
As it stands, they keep on releasing attarctive PSP bundles, and whatnot. Yes, it makes them money there, but the Vita isnt, and theh need to look at the future, not present.
As far as Vita in english speaking countries, well... its not doing hot either.
My biggest disappointment, is the analog sticks. They just do not feel right. It was a huge selling point, and yet, its what disappoints me most.
I love my Vita, but right now, its collecting dust...as is my 3DSXL. Just waiting for some true killer apps to come out, not ports or remakes.
I will be buying DJ Max Technika Tune soon though.

Buying this tomorrow. Looks enjoyable

cheers

Dec 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #7 of 46
I love the DJ Max games. I just wish this one had a physical copy sold in the States. I have to download it directly, and my memory card isn't exactly huge. :rolleyes:

Dec 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #9 of 46
Persona 4 Golden. In my opinion, it is the best game ever made (with the original P4 being second best)

Also, LittleBigPlanet and the MGS HD Collection are amazing chioces. Black Ops Declassified is pretty good if you want to play it strictly for the multiplayer aspect.

Dec 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #10 of 46
Quote:
Persona 4 Golden. In my opinion, it is the best game ever made (with the original P4 being second best)

Also, LittleBigPlanet and the MGS HD Collection are amazing chioces. Black Ops Declassified is pretty good if you want to play it strictly for the multiplayer aspect.

I am really enjoying the new P4. Never did get into LBP or MGS. maybe I am missing out ^_^

Quote:
i bought a psp just to play project diva so i might as well buy a vita to play project diva f

Where did you get the game? Import?

Quote:
I love the DJ Max games. I just wish this one had a physical copy sold in the States. I have to download it directly, and my memory card isn't exactly huge.
rolleyes.gif

Yea I had to pull out my 32gb card for it. This game is hard as hell. First music based game since tap tap on the iphone. I love all the music so far. The ps vita is so big its hard to navigate the screen. I will get used to it though. I may get that handle attachment to help with control. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 46
Quote:
I am really enjoying the new P4. Never did get into LBP or MGS. maybe I am missing out ^_^

Where did you get the game? Import?

Yea I had to pull out my 32gb card for it. This game is hard as hell. First music based game since tap tap on the iphone. I love all the music so far. The ps vita is so big its hard to navigate the screen. I will get used to it though. I may get that handle attachment to help with control. 

yeah, play-asia

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #13 of 46
Quote:
Lately, there has been some great deals on the PS Vita bundles.  I picked up the Assassins Creed: Liberation bundle with the white Vita, a 4GB memory card, and an exclusive steelbook case for the game for $200.

I don`t mind the game, but it`s not as good as I had hoped.  On the other hand, the price of the system is really quite good with this bundle, but when are the good games coming[size=small]?  For those with a Vita, what do you recommend[/size][size=small]?[/size]

[size=small]PS. I do look forward to playing Final Fantasy 7 on the Vita though. :)[/size]

GET PERSONA 4 GOLDEN! Then you'll love your Vita. Guaranteed. 

Edit :
- Get Disgaea 3 if you want a hardcore turn-based RPG.
- Ragnarok Odyssey is also good if you want something like Monster Hunter.
- Little Big Planet is a must if you like platformers.
- Pick up Need for Speed: Most Wanted if you need a good racing game. 

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #14 of 46
Quote:
GET PERSONA 4 GOLDEN! Then you'll love your Vita. Guaranteed. 

Edit :
- Get Disgaea 3 if you want a hardcore turn-based RPG.
- Ragnarok Odyssey is also good if you want something like Monster Hunter.
- Little Big Planet is a must if you like platformers.
- Pick up Need for Speed: Most Wanted if you need a good racing game. 

I'm glad you understand.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #15 of 46
Ok I received a 75$ Best Buy gift card for Xmas and caved and got the Vita... And i have to say i have not put it down since! I got the need for speed most wanted Bundle and its a fantastic racing port to the Vita. Also the PSP and PS1 net work download games rock! I have been playing Parasite Eve 1 and 2 and have almost every other RPG Downloaded!
The Nostalgia value of this handheld is threw the roof on this if i do say so myself!

[size=medium]  [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back