PS Vita - What are your impressions?
Mar 19, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #31 of 46
PS Vita is dead: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/71381035?page=5

---
I switched over to Android smartphone gaming: "super" PC quality graphics, good "free" games, many useful apps, music instrument apps, gps nagivation, sleep apps with alarm, audio/video media player, longer battery life and portability, just like a portable AIO micro PC with phone etc.

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #32 of 46
PS Vita is dead: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/71381035?page=5

---
I switched over to Android smartphone gaming: "super" PC quality graphics, good "free" games, many useful apps, music instrument apps, gps nagivation, sleep apps with alarm, audio/video media player, longer battery life and portability, just like a portable AIO micro PC with phone etc.

I use both. I tried 'playing' the touchy touch 'games' on android and it just can't satisfy me compared to stuff like Toukiden, Freedom Wars and Ys. It sure is getting new release despite being dead, and presumably rotting lol (gamefaqs board). I can't understand why you expect Vita to do everything you list when it was always has been advertised as a handheld gaming console.

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #33 of 46
I use both. I tried 'playing' the touchy touch 'games' on android and it just can't satisfy me compared to stuff like Toukiden, Freedom Wars and Ys. It sure is getting new release despite being dead, and presumably rotting lol (gamefaqs board). I can't understand why you expect Vita to do everything you list when it was always has been advertised as a handheld gaming console.

There are enough console quality games, ok the onscreen touchcontrols are bit tricky/slow to control, but racing games the tilt/g-sensor works perfectly and there are psp/ds/snes/sega/mam etc. emulators too.
My gamelist sofar:
Dead space
Dead Trigger
Final Fantasy VI
GTA Chinatown Wars
Real Racing 3
schooldriving3d
x helicopter flight 3d
Angry.Birds.Space
ArcaneSoul
Awesomespaceshooter
Resident Evil 4
FINAL FANTASY I _ II
FINAL FANTASY III
GunMaster 2
Modern Combat
Asphalt
Need For Speed
Pinball Arcade
Rayman Fiesta Run
reckless_racing_3
revolt_3D
Sky_Force_HD
SkySteel
sonic jump fever
SonicDash
spacewarSE
Tennis_3D

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #35 of 46
lol, let's just agree to disagree. Nothing on that touch-heavy-dumbed-down list would I consider to be "console quality games".

There is enough high quality games:

Sen no Kiseki
Sen no Kiseki II
Super Heroine Chronicle
Super Robot Taisen Z3 Jigoku-hen
Super Robot Taisen Z3 Tengoku-hen
Masou Kishin Pride of Justice
Ys Celceta
Corpse Party Blood Drive
Akibas Trip 2
Project Diva f
Project Diva f 2nd
Danganronpa Another Episode
Danganronpa 2 (Danganronpa 3 upcoming)
Persona 4 Golden
Disgaea 4 Promise Revisited
Samurai Warriors 4
God Eater 2 (Rage Burst upcoming)
Shinovi Versus
Tokyo Xanadu upcoming this year

+ few Others

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Toukiden: Kiwami
One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 3

---

For you i guess :p and lol smartphone gaming, how delusional can someone get on that...

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #37 of 46
Have seen lots of 2nd hand bundles of ps4+vita for around 300 pounds, but it looks like all of them sell the vita with the little scratches on the screen... Is it that fragile?

Jul 3, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #41 of 46
Have seen lots of 2nd hand bundles of ps4+vita for around 300 pounds, but it looks like all of them sell the vita with the little scratches on the screen... Is it that fragile?

As the front pannel is made out of plastic, it is more prone towards scratches, but as long as you get a unit in good condition and get a hardcase, there's really not much to worry about.

Are the prices for used models really that high? I got mine new from Amazon with a game bundle (Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, WipeOut and others as downloadable content), as well as a memory card (4 Gigabyte) for less than 200€ about a year ago.

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #42 of 46
just got a Vita! 
biggrin.gif
late as it may seem, but i'm enjoying it! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #45 of 46
What games do you have?

i just have 2 as of the moment - Assassin's Creed and Injustice. I'm eyeing the following games for future purchase - The Walking Dead S1 and S2, Call of Duty,Uncharted, Killzone, and pre-order the upcoming Assassin's Creed

Can you recommend me other similar games?

I am no real gamer anymore. My PSV came with the Mega Games Pack and I additionally bought NfS Most Wanted, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed (which I sold), GTA Vice City, Gran Turismo and Unit 13.

The only games of these I really play are Gran Turismo and rarely NfS and Unit 13.

I guess you could like Unit 13 and Hotline Miami (which I got for PC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back