PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
Oct 21, 2012 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

texastrader

New Head-Fier
I'm getting ready to sell my entire headphone system soon and I have a PS Audio DLIII DAC as my "source", which is fed by an iPod through a Cambridge Audio ID-100 dock.

Is this still considered a decent DAC? I know there are much newer ones out there, but I think the DLIII sounds great and should still be worth something. Probably not the $1000 I paid for it a year or so ago, but at least $700-750?

Could anyone tell me if this a reasonable price for this DAC?

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 6
It is a good DAC.  2 years ago I bought a used one for about $500 and sold it for about the same.  No box or papers so maybe you can get a little more .  Not sure if that helps.  I just looked at completed Ebay listings for the DLIII and they went for $330-430.  A modded DLIII w/ Stage 4 Cullen Mods went for $700.  Personally, if I had bought it for a $1000 a year ago then I would keep it because you might not get more than $500 for it nowadays.  There is just a lot of competition in the $500-1000 market and the DLIII is older technology.    

Quote:
I'm getting ready to sell my entire headphone system soon and I have a PS Audio DLIII DAC as my "source", which is fed by an iPod through a Cambridge Audio ID-100 dock.

Is this still considered a decent DAC? I know there are much newer ones out there, but I think the DLIII sounds great and should still be worth something. Probably not the $1000 I paid for it a year or so ago, but at least $700-750?

Could anyone tell me if this a reasonable price for this DAC?

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 6
Just check the FS and see what the asking prices are, there were a couple there last time I checked
sold mine for $380 , shipped with pp fees a few weeks ago, was just looking to moved it since I was not using it much

Prices on new ones dropped to $500 at one point too, seen to be back up now though. So, you might get more for yours and $400-$500 will be reasonable

GL with the sale

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #6 of 6
I just ordered a new one on Amazon for half price at $499. PS Audio just came out with a new DAC, the NuWave for $995 to replace the Digital Link III, therefore the big price drop. I'm pairing it with a Berning micro-ZOTL Amplifier that I bought several years ago but rarely used. If it works out, I will be selling the Burson Audio HA-160DS that I presently use with my Macbook Air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back