PS-1 on Ebay
Jul 31, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #16 of 40
Hard to say exactly whether or not it's a Scam, per se, but I'd sure never buy from this guy.
smily_headphones1.gif

The inconsistency you point out, his awful ad, bad spelling, and poor feedback ...

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrispy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/Grado-Prestige-S...em230156161317

since questionable ebay products are being discussed, what's the deal w/ these? Pictures of both 325 and 325i...

There's no picture of 325. Colour is bit off but they are both 325i's.

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #19 of 40
There's a fun contest going: let's see who's first to de-list the fake PS1 auction.

They're usually two-day auctions, so you have to be fast. REPORT the offender at http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html. Keep the URL as a favorite.

I've always dreamed of bidding twenty-million dollars on an auction I know will get de-listed, but I guess I don't have the balls.

P.S. The 325i auction looks legit to me, but he's putting himself at risk by linking to a certain site.

Jul 31, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #21 of 40
Jul 31, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably 10th time in a couple of months that this PS1 pair have been for sale at eBay. The special JAG2 serial one, using the same pictures...
I am 100% sure this is fraudulent as well!

Stay clear!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yup. I've seen it about 10 times on Ebay as well. At least the price came down from send me $1200 to $850 lol.

Jul 31, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by varro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its the same guy that has but dozens of hp1000s for sale. Looks like he is getting more clever, he changed his email address and the text is now in image. But you can clearly see from the layout and the description that he is the same guy. (Also from the buyers feedback and location). We are lucky that he has no idea what hes selling thought.

whatever, I am going to buy the 4 pairs Brlledvr purchased plus any other pairs that surface and simply listen to them all at
basshead.gif
nce
cool.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are fast!

This/these scammers are reallly desperate. Maybe it's time for the original, legitimate seller to pull his images. Otherwise, this could go on forever....

maybe the seller sketched them out with some nice crayons.
(AF takes the off the wall yet horribly unlikely angle)

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least the price came down from send me $1200 to $850 lol.

Let him keep on and we might get it for free...
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let him keep on and we might get it for free...
tongue.gif

Free!
biggrin.gif
But seriously I see one at least every other day. They really are getting desperate.

Aug 1, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #29 of 40
Not to keep this up but one thing interesting about this particular scam was that the seller actually had good seller feedback, if I remember correctly. I also vaguely remember (all the way to this AM!) that there was some old seller feedback. Apparently that's one of the newer scams that I'm aware of -- this good feedback and running these things.

Aug 1, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to keep this up but one thing interesting about this particular scam was that the seller actually had good seller feedback, if I remember correctly. I also vaguely remember (all the way to this AM!) that there was some old seller feedback. Apparently that's one of the newer scams that I'm aware of -- this good feedback and running these things.

That has been the case with all the recent PS1-scams... but it was always a different seller so that leads to the conclusion this is just one (or a few) scammer(s) hijacking accounts with good feedback and using those for the (often very obvious) scams.

but IMHO the real scary part is that if they were a bit more resourceful (i.e. they wouldn't use such an obvious scam object: a limited, numbered item that actually only appeals to a group of people that know about the numbers and have seen each and every ebay offer of a PS1 of the last few years, including the original one with this serial number but rather something that appeals to the masses like DVD-recorders or ipods) they would have a lot of success scamming ppl that do not analyze the adds as closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back