Jul 31, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #5 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI i personally think it's fraudulent.

Ya think?

You know what gave it away for me?

Quote:

"Email me now and you can have one for $850!"

Well hell sparky, at that price, I'll take 250 pairs!

Just let me know where you want me to send the Western Union payment! I'm crossing my fingers that you are located in Nigeria.

Also the item location is a bit suspect, don't you think?
Item Location "., United States". LOL

Yeah... ok.

I suppose I'll take the initiative to report this (obviously) fraudulent ad to Ebay.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #6 of 40
Probably 10th time in a couple of months that this PS1 pair have been for sale at eBay. The special JAG2 serial one, using the same pictures...
I am 100% sure this is fraudulent as well!

Stay clear!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #8 of 40
lol, item removed.

Jul 31, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #10 of 40
Its the same guy that has but dozens of hp1000s for sale. Looks like he is getting more clever, he changed his email address and the text is now in image. But you can clearly see from the layout and the description that he is the same guy. (Also from the buyers feedback and location). We are lucky that he has no idea what hes selling thought.

Jul 31, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just let me know where you want me to send the Western Union payment! I'm crossing my fingers that you are located in Nigeria.

He is using paypal for the transfer.

I guess he is using a fake paypal site just like the ones he used to get all those ebay accounts.

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #14 of 40
the giveaways for me were (and all contained in my report this AM to eBay):

1. Looks like it was a 24 hour auction.
2. It's listed in the US when the seller is in Australia.
3. The ad is an externally hosted jpg image that is offering outside transactions.
4. The seller claims to have multiples of what I know to be a very rare item. 5. This claimed serial numbered item was recently sold on eBay.

But I err on the side of caution, as I would hate for someone to be reporting my auctions to eBay when they are non-fraudulent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back