PS-1 + Gs-1000 bagels ? no one ?
Jun 7, 2006 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 12
I have tried the GS-1 with the flat pads and they sound some what like the PS-1's. After reading your post I tried them out PS-1's with the bagels and it the same affect. They sound a lot like the GS-1's If played loud the seem to lose the low and highs. I though they still sound great. Now the GS-1's with the flats really get loud just like the PS-1 can do. Seems like the same drives in each one. They most be really close to the same. It the PS-1 the weight keep pulling them down and you are always adjusting them. I like the GS-1 the way it came they to me has a much bigger sound stage and the notes seem to hang in the air for ever. With rock I like the PS-1 there is no match for me in that area. Plus the GS-1 are so lite you can where them forever and not even know there on. Out of all my Headphones they wear the best. I not sure I answered your ? it just my thoughts and my messing around with them both. Carl
gs1000.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 10:39 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlflow
I have tried the GS-1 with the flat pads and they sound some what like the PS-1's. After reading your post I tried them out PS-1's with the bagels and it the same affect. They sound a lot like the GS-1's If played loud the seem to lose the low and highs. I though they still sound great. Know the GS-1's with the flats really get loud just like the PS-1 can do. Seems like the same drives in each one. They most be really close to the same. It on the PS-1 the weight keep pulling them down and you are always adjusting them. I like the GS-1 the way it came it to me has a much bigger sound stage and the notes seem to hang in the air for ever. With rock I like the PS-1 there is no match for me in that area. Plus the GS-1 are so lite you can where them forever and not even know there on. Out of all my Headphones they wear the best. I not sure I answered your ? it just my thoughts and my messing around with them both. Carl
gs1000.gif

Great impressions, no one else seems to have done this before.

Jun 7, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

I have tried the GS-1 with the flat pads and they sound some what like the PS-1's. After reading your post I tried them out PS-1's with the bagels and it the same affect. They sound a lot like the GS-1's If played loud the seem to lose the low and highs. I though they still sound great. Now the GS-1's with the flats really get loud just like the PS-1 can do. Seems like the same drives in each one. They most be really close to the same. It the PS-1 the weight keep pulling them down and you are always adjusting them. I like the GS-1 the way it came they to me has a much bigger sound stage and the notes seem to hang in the air for ever. With rock I like the PS-1 there is no match for me in that area. Plus the GS-1 are so lite you can where them forever and not even know there on. Out of all my Headphones they wear the best. I not sure I answered your ? it just my thoughts and my messing around with them both. Carl
gs1000.gif

absolutely
that's a great read and nice info from your impressions
thanks

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

gs1000.gif

Tried this two nights ago. Similar findings and thoughts. However, while the PS-1 was a slam dunk for rock early on, the GS-1s are certainly growing on me. The bass won't kick you in the teeth the way the PS-1 does but darned if I'm not enjoying it.

My problem is what to do with the other lonely cans I've got? Methinks a 650 and 701 sale might be coming soon but for some reason, I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. Truth is I love 'em all for different reasons and moods.

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #8 of 12
I plan to try this when my GS-1000 arrive. Actually will try the bagels with all of my Grado headphones and see what kinds of monsters they become. With the PS-1 and HP-2 it should be interesting.

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I plan to try this when my GS-1000 arrive. Actually will try the bagels with all of my Grado headphones and see what kinds of monsters they become. With the PS-1 and HP-2 it should be interesting.

I wanted to try that on Jahn's monster headphile mutant HP2s, but that punk has C-Pads blu-taked onto them like leeches.

Jun 14, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
My problem is what to do with the other lonely cans I've got? Methinks a 650 and 701 sale might be coming soon but for some reason, I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. Truth is I love 'em all for different reasons and moods.

I hear ya
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back