Provantage is not an advantage.
Jul 2, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #16 of 33
I put in an order for a pair of these D2000's from Provantage.com as well, but I checked the Denon website and they do not seem to be listed as an authorized internet retailer.

So I emailed Denon to see if they're authorized (i.e. will honor the warranty), and their response was this quote... Great, that doesn't help....

So does anyone know if these Denon headphones are new A-stock with a legit warranty, or is it the ol' you get what you pay for...?

Jul 2, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put in an order for a pair of these D2000's from Provantage.com as well, but I checked the Denon website and they do not seem to be listed as an authorized internet retailer.

So I emailed Denon to see if they're authorized (i.e. will honor the warranty), and their response was this quote... Great, that doesn't help....

So does anyone know if these Denon headphones are new A-stock with a legit warranty, or is it the ol' you get what you pay for...?

Doesn't appear so. Guess it really doesn't matter to me because I'll be recabling mine.

Denon USA | Authorized Online E-Tailers

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #19 of 33
Wow there is a big price difference between the authorized e-tailers and non-authorized ones.

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #20 of 33
Buy.com had a sale on them a while ago for just over $200 bucks... but then again, I don't see them on the authorized dealer page either
rolleyes.gif
They're legit though, bought lot's of stuff through them.

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy.com had a sale on them a while ago for just over $200 bucks... but then again, I don't see them on the authorized dealer page either
rolleyes.gif
They're legit though, bought lot's of stuff through them.

On back order there also.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #23 of 33
I order a pair of D5000s yesterday from Provantage for $419 and today they are $381. I have purchased from Provantage in the past and not had any problems but this makes me wonder what is going on since they are not an authorized Denon dealer (or I can't find them in any list) and they state that these have the manufacturer's warranty. My guess is at this price they are grey goods which are not illegal or phony, but do not have a U.S. warranty. Usually, the places selling grey goods provide their own warranty.

I also wonder if those of us on backorder will get the lower price. Please post any significant communication you have with Provantage for the good of the group. I will try to call them tomorrow.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #24 of 33
I've already emailed them asking to be Price Matched to the lower price. Hopefully they will price match me. If not, I'll simply cancel the order and order them again at the lower price. They haven't shipped yet anyways.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...

Thanks for the warning.

"All is not what it seems."

I took no chances, don't really know what's going on so I just cancelled my order and I'll decide what to do in the next couple days. I don't think they will be shipping them out soon. I'm thinking about the D-5000 now.

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #30 of 33
Thought I'd chime in here and provide an update.

My Denon D2000's came in this past Monday from Provantage. Unfortunately, over the previous weekend, I got tired of waiting and bought a pair off of eBay (which also came in) and asked them to cancel my order. They hadn't updated their order status page, so I didn't know that they had shipped on Thursday of the previous week.

Long story short, I let them know what happened and they quickly replied with an apology saying that if I rejected the shipment and told FedEx to return to sender that they'd refund my entire invoice cost, including shipping. I was surprised that they were willing to refund shipping as well, but they firmly indicated that the fault was theirs, so I would be totally refunded. I had a few other friendly exchanges with them and expect that I'll get a prompt refund.

So, while their deals and low prices (other e-tailers weren't willing to match) can take a while to ship. They do eventually ship. You just need to be willing to wait. Their customer service (in this one and only series of exchanges I've had with them) is spot on.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back