PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINST SCAMMERS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Any thoughts about making this thread a sticky and keeping an updated list of scammers in the first post. I think that could be a really useful tool.

We'll eventually do something along those lines. Until then, the original post here has been stickied to each for sale forum.

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #17 of 37
ya, I'm 90% sure I got scammed by ssk2.

I bought because of his detailed photos and the fact he was a canadian. Thought I could trust a fellow canuck.

Not anymore!

Under paypal investigation but don't know anything else about him but that he claimed he was from scarbourogh ontario.

$350 (thank god canadian dollars not US!) is a pretty big hit...

Anyway one of the mods can get his ip and internet provider? Maybe I could contact his internet provider if paypal doesn't do anything...

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #18 of 37
I have whoever it is's MAC address as well, if that helps, I have all my devices accounted for except that one so that's got to be it. It's listed on my router. And... I don't think it's an IP address ban, since I'm still here. :S I have WEP encryption now but I still haven't figured out how to add a WAP+ access list.

If you need some more feedback I have eBay feedback under kuching531, and verified PayPal under my mom's marie99ck@gmail.com... I've sold two iPods, one on Head-Fi, one on iLounge, and I've sold a pair of e4c's to a local buyer. If you'd like to go further, you can give me a call at: EDIT

[EDIT] Phone number. I was interested in buying the Xbox 360 he had up, and wanted to give him a call. Told me he didn't want to use his cell minutes and to text him at: EDIT. It is a cell number, so I don't know whether it can be tracked down to an individual or not.

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #19 of 37
Thanks for posting that cell phone # I tried phoning and surprise surprise, it says the number is not available!

Quote:

Originally Posted by carsncars
I have whoever it is's MAC address as well, if that helps, I have all my devices accounted for except that one so that's got to be it. It's listed on my router. And... I don't think it's an IP address ban, since I'm still here. :S I have WEP encryption now but I still haven't figured out how to add a WAP+ access list.

If you need some more feedback I have eBay feedback under kuching531, and verified PayPal under my mom's marie99ck@gmail.com... I've sold two iPods, one on Head-Fi, one on iLounge, and I've sold a pair of e4c's to a local buyer. If you'd like to go further, you can give me a call at: EDIT

[EDIT] Phone number. I was interested in buying the Xbox 360 he had up, and wanted to give him a call. Told me he didn't want to use his cell minutes and to text him at: EDIT. It is a cell number, so I don't know whether it can be tracked down to an individual or not.

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_digital
Thanks for posting that cell phone # I tried phoning and surprise surprise, it says the number is not available!

Bring it to Fido/Bell/Telus/Rogers.. they may be able to help with a name or sumthin.

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #21 of 37
I was dealing with this guy earlier today about buying his 5G Ipod and he had already "sold" it to Dj_Digital. So seeing how you can't sell one item to two people this confirms that it is a scam! I'm glad I was to lazy to send the money befor I read all this.

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #22 of 37
boxboxbox contacted him too saying he wanted to buy an ipod and ssk2 said that was fine, to send over payment after he had already sold both to me! And yet I've send him already 3 emails asking what's going on and he hasn't replied.

What a prick!

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-side J
I was dealing with this guy earlier today about buying his 5G Ipod and he had already "sold" it to Dj_Digital. So seeing how you can't sell one item to two people this confirms that it is a scam! I'm glad I was to lazy to send the money befor I read all this.

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #23 of 37
thanks for posting this thread when you did mbriant - it looks like you just saved a few more folks from a bad ipod scam here!

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #25 of 37
Sorry ssK2. (I forgot what it was when I was posting)

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by carsncars
I have whoever it is's MAC address as well, if that helps

Good to hear from you. Yes it would help. I've PM'd you with some more questions. Your prompt reply and assistance would be a great help.

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #27 of 37
Why does it seem that there are suddenly a huge rise in scams that are happening within this short period of time? Are people on head-fi really wanting to take advantage of others? Gawdammit.

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #28 of 37
it's not sudden at all , as head-fi grows scam possiblities they grow too ..
from time to time there's some scam happening on the sale forum , I'm conscious of it , we all should be known and try to avoid "unsafe" sales , and/or use the listed precautions .

Stickying this thread around - with a very visible title like " SCAM ALERT"
tongue.gif
or something similar - would be absolutely helpful ..
this is a fast sales forum and it's very appealing to thieves.

Jan 9, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #29 of 37
All funds will be returned to their owners pending confirmation from mbriant ON THIS THREAD and IN MY E-MAIL that all investigations will be PULLED OFF. As a show of good will, I have already returned funds to dj_digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back