Proper IEM for Genre?
Jan 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #16 of 36

Quote:
No one mentioned the Shure SE215? It's $99, and it has the same frequency response graph with Beats IEM's. :) Really alot of bass, and extremely good isolation (I doubt there's anything with better isolation than Shure Olives apart from Triple flanges. So yeah! :)

Do you think these could suit my musical preferences? I have been considering them but I was unsure of which genre its strength lies.

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #17 of 36
To me, it's right up your alley since you need something with alot of Bass. Mmm. Try Hippo VB too! :)

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #21 of 36
Definitely. Thinking back, I forgot about that too. Oh. Radius DDm if you want something more high end. :)

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #23 of 36
The MG5's are good enough actualy. :)

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #25 of 36

Quote:
Hmmm.... I reading reviews on the m4 and I am hearing build quality issues.  Can anyone tell me their opinion on the m4's build quality?  They look like they would fit my preferences but the build quality is scaring me off...

Not to scare you but I got two that had tarnished plating on the 3.5mm connector. The first M4 developed channel imbalances (one side would get louder, another would die momentarily,etc) and I haven't used the second one (which is basically brand new) much because I fear it may be the same.

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #26 of 36

Quote:
Not to scare you but I got two that had tarnished plating on the 3.5mm connector. The first M4 developed channel imbalances (one side would get louder, another would die momentarily,etc) and I haven't used the second one (which is basically brand new) much because I fear it may be the same.

Driver flex can explain your problems here with the channel momentarily dying. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #28 of 36

Quote:

Wow that does scare me off a little bit!

So as stated above, I think the m4s are a no go, but so I'm debating over the atrio MG5 and the Etymotic mc5.  They are both around similar price ranges, but the signatures are drastically different.  Which one is better for the price?

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #29 of 36

Quote:
Driver flex can explain your problems here with the channel momentarily dying. 

I've heard of a few driver flex issues on the forums but I can nearly absolutely confirm that this was related to the 3.5mm connector. IMO the M4s, despite having aluminum housing just don't compare to its earlier brethren which is a damn shame. Right now I really don't want to use the M4 I have and I'm looking to sell

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #30 of 36

Quote:
I've heard of a few driver flex issues on the forums but I can nearly absolutely confirm that this was related to the 3.5mm connector. IMO the M4s, despite having aluminum housing just don't compare to its earlier brethren which is a damn shame. Right now I really don't want to use the M4 I have and I'm looking to sell

Compared to the m4, how is the m2? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back