Pronunciation of "PIMETA"
Nov 5, 2003 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Stupid question, sorry... but is it "pimetta" (like pimiento), "pie-meta" or "pee-eye meta?" Or "just pick one?"
biggrin.gif
... Thanks.

Nov 6, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 34
I have an opinion on this, but I don't think it matters, so "pick one".

Nov 6, 2003 at 3:19 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
I was under the impression it was Pie-Meta, aka...Pie-Mehtuh, yeah, I think that works well...anyway,
biggrin.gif
, nice uselessness...haha
wink.gif

Silly it is, but wanted an opinion from the people who actually designed it, as well as those who build it (so I can correct people at meets and such... HAHAH (j/k)).

Pie-meta it is, then (gimme a slice).

Nov 6, 2003 at 3:29 PM Post #14 of 34
Well, it will not be of much use since my first language is french and there's only one prononciation possible: it's the one with the "pi" pronouced "pee".

Anyway, it's fun to know how it's pronounced in other languages!

Nov 6, 2003 at 4:18 PM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by CarlJF
Well, it will not be of much use since my first language is french and there's only one prononciation possible: it's the one with the "pi" pronouced "pee".

Anyway, it's fun to know how it's pronounced in other languages!

English is an unusual language as far as pronunciations... with most other languages in the same family (French, Spanish, etc) it would indeed be "pee-meh-tah" (like "she met Ra") with an emphasis on the middle syllable. I guess it doesn't matter too much how something's pronounced, if others know what you're referring to...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back