Project Sunrise II Kit Review
Apr 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #18 of 108
Best to google the web with 'order harmonics audio' to get an assortment of discussions that are more knowledgable than I 
wink_face.gif
 My HE-500 did come with a Silver cable - I believe they used to ship with a copper. Sonically, the included silver is really pretty good. Quality/construction leaves a lot to be desired though.

Apr 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #19 of 108
How would the Sunrise II compare to the Indeed G3?

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #20 of 108

Quote:
How would the Sunrise II compare to the Indeed G3?

I searched for comparisons between those two amps and the best I could find online, was this thread:

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=b&action=display&thread=7174

On reply #2, you will see a comparison.  I posted in the thread asking for more information on the sound quality, but was not given more than what was already posted in the thread.

That is a comparison between the Project Sunrise and the Indeed G3.  I read in another thread that the sound quality of the Sunrise and the Sunrise II is the same, or very close to being the same.

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #21 of 108
Just to chip in, there's a breakdown of the differences between the PSII and the Horizon and also a sound comparison/impressions here: http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=b&action=display&thread=7968

I don't own any of the Sunrise kits myself but I trust Frans (the designer) and Jeremy to put together something good, and all of the impressions I've read so far have been positive. And as an FYI, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in Mike's (PinkFloyd) comparison between the G3 and PS since I have a feeling that he still had some negative feelings towards the Sunrise venture at the time he wrote that. Don't ask.

I've actually just finished building another amp designed by Frans, may have to snap some pictures at some point and post it in a thread here...

May 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #22 of 108
Quote:
Just to chip in, there's a breakdown of the differences between the PSII and the Horizon and also a sound comparison/impressions here: http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=b&action=display&thread=7968

I don't own any of the Sunrise kits myself but I trust Frans (the designer) and Jeremy to put together something good, and all of the impressions I've read so far have been positive. And as an FYI, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in Mike's (PinkFloyd) comparison between the G3 and PS since I have a feeling that he still had some negative feelings towards the Sunrise venture at the time he wrote that. Don't ask.

I've actually just finished building another amp designed by Frans, may have to snap some pictures at some point and post it in a thread here...

You are saying then, that it very likely that the following description by Pink Floyd, is not accurate:

[size=x-small]"I have been listening (mainly) to my Project Sunrise headphone amp the past few weeks and was expecting a bit of a "downgrade" in the sonic dept. switching over to the G3 but, NO! It's very hard to seperate the two of them SQ wise."

"If anything, I would say the G3 has the edge when it comes to dynamics and sheer GRUNT.... close your eyes and you'd think you were listening to an amp the size of a domestic fridge.... open them, shake your head.... YES, "that" sound "IS" coming out of that little thing![/size]"

May 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #23 of 108
That amp looks great, but I have to ask, how does it sound with your T1's? I'm looking for an amp for my 600ohm sextets, and I was sold on the little dot MK3 until I saw this thread, if it can compete with the lyr, how does it do with inefficient, high ohm phones?

Edit: Nevermind, I see the sunrise is optimized for <150ohm headphones, and the horizon is the one that will be optimized for higher ohm headphones, but is out of my price range, woops.

May 1, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #24 of 108
Quote:
You are saying then, that it very likely that the following description by Pink Floyd, is not accurate:

[size=x-small]"I have been listening (mainly) to my Project Sunrise headphone amp the past few weeks and was expecting a bit of a "downgrade" in the sonic dept. switching over to the G3 but, NO! It's very hard to seperate the two of them SQ wise."

"If anything, I would say the G3 has the edge when it comes to dynamics and sheer GRUNT.... close your eyes and you'd think you were listening to an amp the size of a domestic fridge.... open them, shake your head.... YES, "that" sound "IS" coming out of that little thing![/size]"

I won't say that it's not accurate since I trust Mike's judgement and I'm still unsure about what the situation between him and the seller of the Project Sunrise was at the time he wrote that. All I'm saying is that you should take it with a pinch of salt, just in case...

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #27 of 108
I can hardly believe the musicality this amp has, it took me by surprice and I must say I had no idea that it can be made in such small package. 
Outstanding value/performance in every way ! And a big thank you from Norway to Jeremy in making me this amp. I know see other have taken action and ordered some more amps up North, excellent, hope it would be many more. 
Keep up the amazing work !!

My picture my amp :wink: and thats me smiling when playing music.

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #29 of 108
Quote:
I can hardly believe the musicality this amp has, it took me by surprice and I must say I had no idea that it can be made in such small package. 
Outstanding value/performance in every way ! And a big thank you from Norway to Jeremy in making me this amp. I know see other have taken action and ordered some more amps up North, excellent, hope it would be many more. 
Keep up the amazing work !!

My picture my amp :wink: and thats me smiling when playing music.

Can you compare the PS to your other amps?

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #30 of 108
I had the B52 here for about a week, yes the B52 is better but there isnt alot that separate the two wich is kind of amazing consider the price tag between the two. I have known of that the Sunrise had been set up in comparison with the Auralic amplifier and the person who tested ended up liking the Sunrise better. 

A Piece of art For sure, I have no doubt about recommended the amplifier. The value/musicality is simply outstanding in every way.
I do not know Jeremy and have NO interest whatsoever in this amp without liking the sound it produced. I have paid full price for the unit on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back