Project Sunrise II Kit Review
Jun 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #31 of 108
Quote:
I had the B52 here for about a week, yes the B52 is better but there isnt alot that separate the two wich is kind of amazing consider the price tag between the two. I have known of that the Sunrise had been set up in comparison with the Auralic amplifier and the person who tested ended up liking the Sunrise better. 

A Piece of art For sure, I have no doubt about recommended the amplifier. The value/musicality is simply outstanding in every way.
I do not know Jeremy and have NO interest whatsoever in this amp without liking the sound it produced. I have paid full price for the unit on ebay.

Thats interesting, thanks for your impression. Do you have the link to the comparison with Auralic?

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #32 of 108
Here is the link to my local forum, guess you have to use google translate if you dont read Norwegian :)

The Auralic VS Sunrise can be found here from "Morpheus" - Good Luck !

http://www.hifisentralen.no/forumet/hi-fi-generelt/28237-egen-tra-d-hodetelefonoppsett-215.html

Jul 5, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #33 of 108
^
I actually started a separate thread on the Norwegian forum Hifisentralen for "Project Sunrise, Horizon og Ember" on 11 June 2012. It is part of the forum's new headphone section. I think we've collected just about everything we've written regarding these headphone amplifiers in that thread, even when first published somewhere else.

So far three owners have posted listening impressions of Project Sunrise Version II, all considering it very good, though with (too) high gain:
  1. Morpheus (? on Head-Fi.org)
  2. johnnygrandis (cyberzent on Head-Fi.org)
  3. Loevhagen (Loevhagen on Head-Fi.org)

There's more customers expected and in the pipeline.

By the way and FYI, Norwegian is also readable for those that read Danish (very similar) or Swedish. If you visit, feel free to write a reply in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English.

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #35 of 108
I've spent the last couple of days listening to my HE-500's with Project Sunrise II.
:
:
Overall, with HE-500's I could switch to PSII full time and not miss too much.

Agree. That combo is surprisingly good. :)

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #36 of 108
Making of my new poster...
normal_smile .gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #37 of 108
I have never done any electronic building before but it is very intriguing and looks really fun. I have been debating buying the valhalla lately and a pair of he-400. Do you think this would be an easy enough project that I could manage it as a complete beginner? Also would it match well with the he-400 because they are notoriously hard to drive. 

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #38 of 108
As to ease of building - the Sunrise II would make a great starter kit for a beginner. It's all 'through hole', with well marked parts and good instructions. Regarding it's ability to drive the HE-400's - don't know. I can say that it drove the HE-500's very well. So if they're similar in efficiency...

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #39 of 108
Are there complex schematics because I don't quite know how to read them 
frown.gif
. Oops I was thinking of the HE-4 that is difficult to drive, the HE-400 is comparably efficient to the HE-500. I am just nervous to buy a DIY kit because I truly know nothing about it although I can use a soldering iron well. 

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #40 of 108
Quote:
frown.gif
. Oops I was thinking of the HE-4 that is difficult to drive, the HE-400 is comparably efficient to the HE-500. I am just nervous to buy a DIY kit because I truly know nothing about it although I can use a soldering iron well. 

You can also buy it already built.  Search for this amplifier on eBay and you will find the DIY kit, the already built amp and the already built amp with a carrying bag/container as three different items.

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #42 of 108
Quote:
frown.gif

Dont you ,mean the he-6??

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #44 of 108
You do not need to be able to read the schematic to build the kit. If you're able to put the resistor labeled R1 into the whole labeled R1 - you're good to go :) I would suggest though, that while you don't need to spend a lot of money on a good soldering iron, I would buy something decent. The better an iron/station holds and recovers it's temperature, the better your experience will be. Soldering irons, stations, solder - all other topic. I'd definitely suggest you read all the threads you can find on these topics. The right gear and right technique can make for a relatively painless, fun experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back