Prog rock
Oct 28, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #2,356 of 4,464
I started to listen to the new Leprous album, mentally prepared for another dose of dark, dense and heavy rock, but... surprise!
They adopted a more relaxed, airy and approachable style and IMO, more mature.
Feels like a band that proved what they had to prove, and moved on to experiment new territories. I like this! It's not perfect, sometimes feels too loose, but I like the direction.
Steven Wilson, Riverside and Devin Townsend did the same with their recent work and now Leprous. Good. This genre needs fresh ideas.

Leprous - Pitfalls (2019)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #2,357 of 4,464
Silly me.... I just realized I boxed up my plenue 2 (see my sig) anticipating a sale and totally forgot to wipe the internal storage which contains over 100 gigs of prog and prog metal in lossless or hires format.

:astonished:

No worries .... It'll probably sell to someone who digs the PO(o)p music and they'll wipe it for me.

LMAO, they should wipe their Po(o)p instead :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Thanks for the help carrying the flag :p

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #2,370 of 4,464

This and their previous album were solid. I hope they gain further exposure with their atmospheric feel they have adopted lately. Their unplugged album is well recorded. Kscope Record releases have been pretty good as far as quality of recording/mastering. Did a quick check with them on some distorted passages in some tracks; was told they were mixed intentionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back