1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Prog Rock Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by gooner265, Nov 7, 2012.
  1. gooner265
    I have just narrrowly missed out on an auction for some grado gs1000 phones :frowning2: as I want ot treat myself to a new pair. I have a pair of 225is but I think the cable has snapped inside as they are intermittent and have to twist the cord to get a connection in the left pad. I do love the sound of these but haven't ever tried anything else and wonder if I am missing out.
    I tend to listen to a lot of prog rock including Genesis,Yes,Porcupine Tree, IQ, Flwoer Kings, Riverside, Marillion also Beatles,Floyd, Jarre, Led Zeppelin and Stones to name a few.
    So which headphones should I try next , there are some RS1s on ebay at the moment but have heard Beyer and AKG may be worth a purchase.
    I will be running through my Arcam system aVR300 and FMJDV139 I haven't ever bought a headphone amp before but want to experience the great remastered recordings like the beatles Box set, New Floyd Set and the Brilliant porcupine Tree , any suggestions, I am willing to go to £400 for the right ultimate set up or buy two sets of phones for that price maybe one with a better soundstage than the Grados.