Professionally Modified Fostex?
Nov 6, 2010 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sbradley02

1000+ Head-Fier
I have been a fan of planar speakers for as long as I have been into audio and have owned them myself in various examples for nearly 30 years.
I once owned a pair of stat phones and considered them the ultimate.
Unfortunately none of the current planar phones as far as I can determine can be considered portable (with the exception of the now discontinued Stax which were in ear and I am looking for closed for isolation and comfort).
The exceptions are the Fostex which all sources state require heavy modification to perform at audiophile levels.
Which brings me to my question.
Is anyone modifying these "professionally"?

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
I have been a fan of planar speakers for as long as I have been into audio and have owned them myself in various examples for nearly 30 years.
I once owned a pair of stat phones and considered them the ultimate.
Unfortunately none of the current planar phones as far as I can determine can be considered portable (with the exception of the now discontinued Stax which were in ear and I am looking for closed for isolation and comfort).
The exceptions are the Fostex which all sources state require heavy modification to perform at audiophile levels.
Which brings me to my question.
Is anyone modifying these "professionally"?

smeggly will re do it for you for a price

Oct 25, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 3
10 years too late but for anybody else who might not know, two popular shops are Modhouse and Lawton. If anybody knows others, especially in Europe, please add to the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back