Problems with my FiiO E5
Jul 9, 2009 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Zafsk

Head-Fier
Hi,

This'll be my first post here. I just received my FiiO E5 and it worked perfectly when I started using it, and then I decided to play with the volume on the amp itself. I turned it down a bit, that worked, I turned it back up and I didn't notice any change. I shrugged it off.

However, when I went back to turn it down further it dropped dramatically like I wanted it to, but I couldn't turn it back up. It is now currently at it's lowest volume and I can't really turn it up.

I'm curious what the issue may be, and if anyone could help. Considering disassembling it, but I'm not sure what to do from there. Thanks for any help.

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 10
Disassembled, it's not a problem with the switch, it was pressing on the right part. It's just not responding to the volume switches. Ideas?

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #3 of 10
That happened to me before briefly, and I've seen other reports of it here. I don't remember if there's a specific fix, to be honest, I think I just kept messing with it and eventually it started working.

Are you sure it's charged? Maybe try letting it drain fully, and then recharge it and it might kick in again.

Jul 9, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 10
Yeah, I'm going to do that. Granted, I accidentally removed one of the battery wires so I need to solder that back on. But that's what I get for screwing with stuff. Thanks.

Jul 10, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #5 of 10
i have problems with my Fiio E5 too. the thing is a POS. At first glance it looks like it is solidly built, but now, after only using it a handful of times, i can't get it to power on properly. I know it's fully charged, but i just can't seem to activate the power switch to make the purple light come on.

Jul 10, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but really, why do you boys expect for a sub $15 amp? :p

lesson learned! any suggestions for an ultra-portable amp?

Jul 11, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #8 of 10
Just because there are a few lemons doesn't mean you should throw out the whole basket of oranges, even if you did get them all for cheap.

Jul 11, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just because there are a few lemons doesn't mean you should throw out the whole basket of oranges, even if you did get them all for cheap.

u should throw out durian though...smelling as it does
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by maonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lesson learned! any suggestions for an ultra-portable amp?

T4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back