Problems with Hlly?
Sep 29, 2011 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Standardsconversion

New Head-Fier
I'm not sure if this fits here, but it does have to do with a DAC. I ordered some weeks ago a DAC from Hlly with no evidence of shipping, I emailed David and he apologized and shipped a unit out and it was in my hands in 4 days. However its the wrong item and he said that the one I ordered (which is listed on the website) he didn't sell. Has anyone else had these issues?

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 6
A friend of mine ordered a DAC from their website a few months ago, David told him that their website got hacked and that he should see with Paypal to get his money back, as the hackers had only changed the paypal address and he didn't plan on either reimbursing him or shipping the unit. Paypal let it die, and that's it. If ppl wanna deal with HLLY, they should only do so via ebay IMHO.

Your last option is to check with paypal, but they really only protect ebay buyers AFAIK.

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #4 of 6
Don't touch HLLY (hlly_headphone) with a barge pole......the man's a criminal touting substandard equipment not fit for purpose. I bought a headphone amp/dac/preamp from him. To begin with it's not a preamp because the volume control only affects the headphone output and not the RCA outputs thererfore cannot be described as a preamp. As for a DAC the noise and hiss is incredible, totally unusable.
Bought it off ebay, he agreed a refund if I paid to post it back (£62.20 to China!!). As it was clearly mis sold and not fit for purpose I left negative feedback. He offered to pay the return postage if I changed the negative feedback to positive which I did as I felt that demonstrated a fair minded seller however not only did he not refund the postage when I returned the item to him he won't even offer a refund for the item itself. Had to get PayPal to get it back for me but still out the £62.20.
STAY CLEAR OF THIS SELLER AND HIS EQUIPMENT

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #6 of 6
Stay away from HLLY and don't even look at their products.  This company just clone the products of others and change them under its brand name.  This company is not to be trusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back